The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel offset

Ricky49

Mine are:-

Front 9x18 +35

Rear 10x18 +35

But you will need to trim/roll the rear arch for them, if you dont want to trim the arch go with something like a 45 or 50 offset.

Thanks jamie

Thought: realy want that sort of size but REALLY dont know if i could roll the arches , damm so many nice wheels that i like but the off sets and sizes mean i might have too :blink::)

Thanks again

Darron

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an offset that's a no no for the supra like don't go past et30 or something. I don't want to use spacers might just stick to et35.

The lower the offset the closer to the wheel arch the wheels/tyres will be. 10" +35 rears and you'll be very close to the wheel arch, depending on the width of the tyres used you may well need to roll the arches to prevent the tyres from rubbing.

Also the further away from stock widths/offsets you go the more detrimental the effect on the handling.

Stock Wheel/Tyre Sizes

Front

Wheels 17x8 +50

Tyres 235/45R17

Rear

Wheels 17x9.5 +50

Tyres 255/40R17

I have decided to go with a set of these BBS CH

http://www.performancealloys.com/details.asp?procedure=wheel&id_wheels='BBS%20CHBE'&id_wheels_manufacturers='BBS'&id_wheels_sizes='18x10'&price='334'&permission=688554687

18x8.5 or 9 front

18x10 or 10.5 rear

Just waiting for offset sizes before ordering.

Edited by Ricky49 (see edit history)

Having a mare trying to find some new shoes for the car.

I have been told from a alloy supplier that the BBS CH don't come in the right figment for the supra in 18inch.

Thought this too. Had a look through various sites and they only seem to do the popular German sizes. 120mm 100 mm etc. I couldn't find a model with the Supra fitment. :(

• 3 weeks later...

best way i worked out,

just measure how far you would like your alloys to come out,

with a measuring tape.

on stock wheels (UK) i worked out the front & rears could come out 35mm roughly, give or take.

then just use an offset calculator, to play about with which offset wheels will work with which width.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

i have 9J on the front with ET 25

and 9J on the rear with ET 25

i got 8.5x18 et 35 on the front...with a 20mm spacer as well...that would be the same as an et 15. had car properly set up....handles really well...no issues at all.

What width and profile tyre and what sort of ride height? Also, do you have aftermarket coilovers?

225/40 front on 8.5 x18 et 35...20mmspacer

255/35 rear on 9.5x18 et35 20mm spacer

front... lowered 25 mm

rear... stock height and springs

if you use spacers, make sure they are proper hub centric ones...my alloys are ultralite with ultralite hubcentric spacers

also make sure the centre bores are correct 60.1mm....dont use plastic spigot rings alloy are better. the centre bore/hub takes the loading....not the wheel studs....they can shear very easily.

Edited by shh (see edit history)