The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chaz's GZ Aero project

chazuk

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s more decisions to be made yet :( I will be ordering the single kit next week , I’ve been though endless thread’s and posts in the hunt for the best kit and when I think that’s it I read something or watch something that makes me think otherwise.

I am looking for 540-600fly I had my mind set originally on the BL kit t6765 PT billet .81 ar after looking at Pauls BW kits though the torque seems to be allot higher than the PT billets can’t seem to get my head round it .

I’ve watched allot of videos on youtube of bw kits and I know it shouldn’t affect my decision but they sound so quiet and civilised then I watch JP’s video when his was 550 and think that’s fast enough for me and sounds the nuts, I’ve been told the PT units are more prone to failure than the bw should I be worried though, would a PT t67 fit on Pauls single kit ?, and vise versa would a bw fit on the bl manifold?, if I bought a bl kit and wanted to swap to a bw turbo would I need the manifold for the twin scroll is this where the torque is coming from . Sorry if I might sound dumb here but I am new to the single game.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

nice mate , i like the 3rd and 4th pic :thumbs:

Cheers mate ;)

Me and the wife agree on the the Gunmetal. I like the yellow but the wife says its a bit F+F.

Gunmetal seems the most popular choice, yea thats true could be worse ...good job I didnt say lambo orange I would get (NOS) all turned on;)

The BW turbos do fit a BL manifold, but you have to use a spacer so the comp cover clears the first runner ( i had to do this). Personally i would go with the BW turbo over the Precision units.

Thanks for the advice mate, good to hear it from someone that has come from a PT to a BW I see , do you have a graph for the new bw setup?

Thanks for the advice mate, good to hear it from someone that has come from a PT to a BW I see , do you have a graph for the new bw setup?

Not a finalised graph as yet. Have hopefully sorted a missfire i have had so i can now get it fully setup with higher boost.

I was getting 560bhp and 570ftlbs torque at around 1.1-1.2 bar iirc.

So these BW turbos do create alot of torque. I am using the 88/75 unit.

do you spray your own car ? :)

yes and no I can do all of the engine bay , under the bonnet , boot , all shuts. I do not have a propper dust free booth or a oven for a full job, I did spray my old man's rx7 boot lid last week as his old one was rusty all around the bottom of the sill it came up quite well the weather really helped the clear coat to go off before to much landed in it.

Not a finalised graph as yet. Have hopefully sorted a missfire i have had so i can now get it fully setup with higher boost.

I was getting 560bhp and 570ftlbs torque at around 1.1-1.2 bar iirc.

So these BW turbos do create alot of torque. I am using the 88/75 unit.

Thats a great figure at that boost you must be happy , what does it feel like at the moment spool wise compared to the pt ?

ah right :( think i need my car re-sprayed

Once I've done all my bits and the car is back on the road my first point of call for a quote for the outside paint job is (baldy) have a look at his work it looks top, whats up with your's just fancy a colour change ?

:( crappy weather , still cracking on I degreased the engine bay using gunk the good thing with this product is its paint friendly so I dont get a reaction when trying to paint where its been. Sorry for the phone pics the camera battery died this morning.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1862/img00006201005191349.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3396/img00004201005201445.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7320/img00005201005191349.jpg

Primered

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2384/img00008201005221148.jpg

Lamborghini ground coat yellow

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2882/dsc01595kh.jpg

Lamborghini basecoat pearl

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4908/dsc01598ap.jpg

Thanks mate ,blimey though at this rate with all the nice comments I will be re-spraying it the same sliver which funny enough did cross my mind and seeing what matt (supra matt) did to his sup when it was white maybe a very small hint of blue pearl in the clear coat to make it a little something extra:)

Great project. :thumbs:

I like the idea of doing something with the clear coat. Other than that the white cars are out in force these days. Glanov's selling one and it looks stunning.

Whatever you decide though I think it'll be a real credit to you and your work.

:)

Cheers mate , only problem with anything in the clear coat espically in the lighter colours like sliver and white is when the sun is not on it the colour appears dirty like a gone off white or a dirty sliver if the yellow dosent work I will give it a go though, I just had a look at Glanov's its very nice I like sup's in white makes them look quite wide aswell.

Great project. :thumbs:

I like the idea of doing something with the clear coat. Other than that the white cars are out in force these days. Glanov's selling one and it looks stunning.

Whatever you decide though I think it'll be a real credit to you and your work.

:)

Is that the lambo yellow you are going with then?

I only got enough to do the engine bay and the shuts just in case I change my mind as I am not 100% on it, I will do a test panel first to see how many coats of the pearl it will need to get the desired colour.

I quite like the look of these , Seibon carbon fiber front wings 10mm wider problem is they want $600 just for shipping , anyone know somewhere else I can get these from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94-95-96-98-SUPRA-10MM-SEIBON-CARBON-FIBER-FENDER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2306d97e1dQQitemZ150438772253QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I quite like the look of these , Seibon carbon fiber front wings 10mm wider problem is they want $600 just for shipping , anyone know somewhere else I can get these from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94-95-96-98-SUPRA-10MM-SEIBON-CARBON-FIBER-FENDER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2306d97e1dQQitemZ150438772253QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Amber Performance are Seibon UK dealer, they are a decent company, i use to use them back in my cosworth days.

Try spectra fllair 1 on silver,when it's dull it stays silver,when the sun hits it it will change every colour,cost is about 400 notes for the paint,had it on my old silver 300zx,looks sound as a bell like it is

Couple of saphires and a RS500, long time ago now. had my RS500 in 94.

Nice mate ,the rs500 is the only one id have it looks really mean they are worth quite a bit these days I saw a 100% orginal mint one up for 19k not long ago .

great project this. Car looks like its gona be a belter. Yoju doing all the work yourself.

Thanks mate, not as good as your's though I love the widearch ;) . Yea doing all the work from my shed apart from the outter body respray I havent got a booth/oven.

Try spectra fllair 1 on silver,when it's dull it stays silver,when the sun hits it it will change every colour,cost is about 400 notes for the paint,had it on my old silver 300zx,looks sound as a bell like it is

Cheers for the info you got a picture of it on your 300 ?