The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB9 (2010) - Sunday 8th August, Elvington Airfield

tDR

Enjoyed this years event as a spectator but really missed the buzz of competing. Would have been itching do give the Supra a go over the top speed run as the fastest car only equalled the 189mph that I acheved 3 years ago.

Does seam likes this years event was smaller than previous years with less cars competing and less spectators.

The times over the years also don't seam to be getting that much better although I guess you can put that down to the recession and Tunners focusing there attentions else where like time attack.

Think the best chance's of the Supras acheiving glory on that surface would be to focus their attention on the top speed event.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole car is now getting stripped, new loom etc and completly new standalone ecu that we are hoping to be dealers for and im really exited about, Im happy with the F-Con but as we seem to have electrical issues with sensors etc Matt wants to fit this all singing all dancing ecu and custom loom as a demo type thing.

The 3.4 is in the process of being ordered as is all new suspension and prob clutch and T6 turbo, car is going on a Diet and the aim is to pretty much get straight in the 8's at the start of the year and over 220 in the standing miles. Even the guages and dash are going/getting modded, going for a Stack type thing and lighter column with electric power steering.

Lots of big changes coming at AFR so keep a look out for an update thread.

What happened to it mate?

You still gonna come to Suprapod?

Enjoyed this years event as a spectator but really missed the buzz of competing. Would have been itching do give the Supra a go over the top speed run as the fastest car only equalled the 189mph that I acheved 3 years ago.

Does seam likes this years event was smaller than previous years with less cars competing and less spectators.

The times over the years also don't seam to be getting that much better although I guess you can put that down to the recession and Tunners focusing there attentions else where like time attack.

Think the best chance's of the Supras acheiving glory on that surface would be to focus their attention on the top speed event.

Thanks for your advice on the day Kevin. You're right the top speed run was there for the taking I could not go over 162 due to the back of the car snaking. We did some work on the front aerodynamics that worked well the steering was well weighted all the time but we had on rear wing or diffuser. I dont think there was enough weight over the rear wheels to put the power down, it just pushed the rear of the car from side to side.

I had to turn the boost down to 1.5 bar and take it easy on the throtlle, power was not an issue had masses in reserve. I have ordered a big rear wing and we are designing a rear diffuser, that should sort it.

Did 11.77 on the 1/4 mile @ 1.7 bar but could not get off the line my best 60 ft was 2.17. If I had put race fuel in and upped the boost may shaved a bit off. Any way learned more and lived to fight another day.

So TOTB has finally hit the deck and succumbed to being an expensive 4wd-only tuner showcase? I think we all knew it was heading that way a while back :(

Good work those who stood up for RWD though :thumbs:

There just werent any cars there (RWD) that were set up to put the power down, a Dax Rush ran a 10.6 I think and the winning MR2 ran a 10.9 earlier in the day, interestingly the only 'drag' car there, a nissan 200 from the HKS series ran virtually the same times he did at the pod, mid 11's, 60 fts will always be down but i would still expect to run in the 9's, Jon Webster was running mid 9's last year. there were no big hitter RWD cars for one reason or another, Nadine geary in the viper had a problem with her lorry and the Dax must have broke. RWD is no finished yet and can still give the 4WD boys a run in top speed and 1/4.

Truthfully alot of the rear wheel drive cars just wernt running rite either they were bogging down on the line slow gear changes or general missfires so to me the rear wheel drives just didn't have any luck

the orange supra looked and sounded amazing and when the turbo kicked in sounded absolutely awsume

We were over with the Ecc evo that won fastest 4x4 and fastest car and fastest top speed of the day until he blu the head clean of her lol

I'll deffo be back next year as I really enjoyed it especially next year being the tenth aniversery

There just werent any cars there (RWD) that were set up to put the power down, a Dax Rush ran a 10.6 I think and the winning MR2 ran a 10.9 earlier in the day, interestingly the only 'drag' car there, a nissan 200 from the HKS series ran virtually the same times he did at the pod, mid 11's, 60 fts will always be down but i would still expect to run in the 9's, Jon Webster was running mid 9's last year. there were no big hitter RWD cars for one reason or another, Nadine geary in the viper had a problem with her lorry and the Dax must have broke. RWD is no finished yet and can still give the 4WD boys a run in top speed and 1/4.

I agree! I was expecting you supra boys to be topping the top speed runs?

I also think the MLR should be limited to 10 entrys! ;)

Would also love to see some more different types of cars, more exotica (ferraris/lambos/porsches ect) and more yank type muscle cars. Would make it alot more interesting and more of a spectacle for the spectators. At the minute it is turning into TOTB 4x4......

Anyone know where the 997 GT3 came on the handling course? It was up the top early in the day?

I agree! I was expecting you supra boys to be topping the top speed runs?

I also think the MLR should be limited to 10 entrys! ;)

Would also love to see some more different types of cars, more exotica (ferraris/lambos/porsches ect) and more yank type muscle cars. Would make it alot more interesting and more of a spectacle for the spectators. At the minute it is turning into TOTB 4x4......

Anyone know where the 997 GT3 came on the handling course? It was up the top early in the day?

From my point of view, simply cant compete with the power figures, Steve did well at top speed, winning the RWD class with much in reserve. I however was struggling with power output as the car was giving its all in the top end of firth and 6th. Better lauch and a bigger exhaust housing and ill be back next year :)

From my point of view, simply cant compete with the power figures, Steve did well at top speed, winning the RWD class with much in reserve. I however was struggling with power output as the car was giving its all in the top end of firth and 6th. Better lauch and a bigger exhaust housing and ill be back next year :)

What top speed did he get then?