TOTB9 (2010) - Sunday 8th August, Elvington Airfield

tDR

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you guys have any info on how its going to be run this year with it being over two days?

Info seems to be thin on the ground!

Have you had any correspondance from Trevor that the supras team is entered?

Quite worrying that the new organisers aren't really communicating with the club reps - I've still not had anything back this year after chasing last week, the last correspondence I had was when Chris Mann did the handover by email.

As far as I could work out after scouring the web, the event is only on Sunday as per usual - the Saturday is a test day if you wanna go to that as well for practice before the big day. When you send your entry form you need to include the appropriate money for one or both days and indicate on the form.

Cheers,

Brian.

Think I came 4th in the Top Speed event in 2008, 189mph in a standing kilometer. Always scored points for the club in previous years at great expense to myself...LOL Don't think I will ever compete in the event again, the loose surface and heat combined kills cars!

This club always does terrible at TOTB, unlike most big other clubs few seem to show much interest :( Dude was about the only one that ever got anywhere in it!

Shame really as we really should do quite well at the drag and top speed events.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dnaxton

Good Evening Chaps,

Just a reminder

Closing date for all entries is 3rd July 2010

Any questions concerning entering, please ask away.

We still have places available for Saturdays warm-up day.

If you are not in a team but think that you have a fast car then Saturday is the day to show us what you have got.

Regards

Dave Naxton

http://www.totb.co.uk

Good Evening Chaps,

Just a reminder

Closing date for all entries is 3rd July 2010

Any questions concerning entering, please ask away.

We still have places available for Saturdays warm-up day.

If you are not in a team but think that you have a fast car then Saturday is the day to show us what you have got.

Regards

Dave Naxton

www.totb.co.uk

Hi Dave,

Firstly - thanks for posting to let us know.

Secondly - What's with the apparent complete lack of communication regarding this year's event? Information has been sparse at best and I've had to go digging around for it... :search:

Guys - get your names down, looks like we're still on!!! :thumbs:

There is a few of us heading over to spectate also to cheer on team Ireland lol ill be over in the supra but she ain't good enough to enter but I'll be sure to come over and say hello

can you camp out at the event or do you have to book hotels?

Sod it I'll commit to this, I'm going to book the weekend one night this week.

Nice one :)

On the camping - check japanese performance website for ticket stuff as I'm sure there was a camping option...

Anyone know if you can use 15" rims with drag radials for 1/4 mile and change to road wheels/tyres for other two parts or do you have to use same wheels tyres for all three parts?

Emailed the organisers but not had a reply as yet.

yes mate, they may want to scrutineer each set of wheels/tyres though, the drag tyres must be radials not street et's.

Hi Steve, I used 15" MT ET Drag Radials last year for the 1/4 mile event. I then used my regular road wheels for the top speed and Handling event. Think I would have had better results in the top speed and handling events with some Toyo 888's. I have a set of 15" Drag radials for sale if your interested.

Thanks

Kevin

Anyone know if you can use 15" rims with drag radials for 1/4 mile and change to road wheels/tyres for other two parts or do you have to use same wheels tyres for all three parts?

Emailed the organisers but not had a reply as yet.

I would make sure you go for 325/50/15 radials, you want to aim for a tyre that is around 27-28" tall, they are a tight fit but its worth it for 1 less gear change and the way the car will accelerate if you have the power to turn tall tyres, which you have.

Application and payment sent off today for the whole weekend. Dude/Steve are you there for the whole weekend or just the Sunday?

Whole weekend dude, prob will arrive on the Friday, we have camper and BBQ AND BEER, we all need to be together so I will try and save enough space.

I would make sure you go for 325/50/15 radials, you want to aim for a tyre that is around 27-28" tall, they are a tight fit but its worth it for 1 less gear change and the way the car will accelerate if you have the power to turn tall tyres, which you have.

Thanks dude I will get on with sorting tyres, will be there Saturday and Sunday only about 1 hr away so may leave car over night.

Thanks dude I will get on with sorting tyres, will be there Saturday and Sunday only about 1 hr away so may leave car over night.

Sorted out entry today, all weekend. Steve you can leave the car with me, might even have room under the awning and gazebo for both.