The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worlds fastest stock block Supra!

JamieP

In the US, "Stock Block" can mean pretty much anything I've found, that's on standard cam's, rod bolts, etc. etc. is it?

Impressive none the less :)

Id love to know whats in it as well. I reckon you might get 1 pass out of a bone stock engine at 2.5 bar on a 76 DBB with a huge shot of nitrous and get in the 8's, I doubt the motor will last long and you would constantly be pulling and checking it. We will prob pull my built 3.4 twice next year depending on how many passes it has just to check it inside and change rings etc.

Id love to know whats in it as well. I reckon you might get 1 pass out of a bone stock engine at 2.5 bar on a 76 DBB with a huge shot of nitrous and get in the 8's, I doubt the motor will last long and you would constantly be pulling and checking it. We will prob pull my built 3.4 twice next year depending on how many passes it has just to check it inside and change rings etc.

I have had several emails from "Forcefed Performance" The current Stock block record holders and the term "Stock Block" to them means exactly that. A stock block. Not cylinder head or anything else. They are revvin a lot higher than me and there are so many variables like Transmission/Tyre sizes etc. My goal is to do a 9.1 with a stock head, Hot cams and ARP head bolts. So far my engine has done 700 road miles and 189 drag runs. Its leak off is still perfect, Blows no oil and the Spark plugs are mint I am using NGK R7436-9's.

I put this down to the Tuning abilities of the Solaris ECU, The logging functions alone are epic compared to my AEM. Currently 50 shot NOS 2.1Bar and EGT's around 850! No significant knock.

My advantages that make me not need the extra Rpm's and worked head are my Back half mods too :)

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

How much nitrous are you using at the moment Stu????? Whack some more in and hit the 8's first.

you still running at the weekend?????

Wet system 2:1 50hp Jets for now :innocent:

I have the 150hp system ready, the problem we have had is wheel spin on the dyno with 18" wide tyres!!

I know TDI have a hub dyno but its even more difficult for me to get there.

Now its all about pulling the log files and tweakin the maps.

Yes still very excited and ready to go for the weekend :D :D...Cold crisp air...warm sticky track :tempted:

hope it stays dry like it has done the last few days. ill be looking to beat my PB aswell :D

Edit - looking good

Sunday, 17 October

High

12°C

Mostly Sunny

Wind From Northwest at 11 kmph

Maximum Humidity 70%

UV Index 2

Chance of Precip. 0%

Avg. High. 13°C

Record High N/A

Sunrise 07:35

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

It would seem that someone has already run low 8's on a completly stock bottom end, have a look at the link here and maybe someone can do some research.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=CXa9ggyHa10

Towards the bottom of the page Craig Paisley I think he mentions.

Lmao at the comments:D wonder who "JohnnyDangerousR1" is;)

Info on Craig Paisley can be found HERE

Very interesting!

"We wanted to keep the car relatively stock looking and we wanted to utilize an original stock body. Instead of building a tube chassis racecar with a carbon fiber body we decided to use a stock chassis car with allthe original body parts. Our car represents a stock car that is set up fordrag racing"

OK now the guy runs a performance parts shop?

The car IS a halfback running 15J rears and slicks, Also the front suspension towers are fully custom so clearly there is some artistic licence going on there!

Anyways my new goal is 8.72!

Very interesting!

"We wanted to keep the car relatively stock looking and we wanted to utilize an original stock body. Instead of building a tube chassis racecar with a carbon fiber body we decided to use a stock chassis car with allthe original body parts. Our car represents a stock car that is set up fordrag racing"

OK now the guy runs a performance parts shop?

The car IS a halfback running 15J rears and slicks, Also the front suspension towers are fully custom so clearly there is some artistic licence going on there!

Anyways my new goal is 8.72!

So neither of you actually have a 'real' supra then;)

See you at the weekend Stu, we are going fri night what about you, Oh and do they have somewhere I can fill my water tanks????

So neither of you actually have a 'real' supra then;)

.....Dude,Mine has no secrets ;)

See you at the weekend Stu, we are going fri night what about you, Oh and do they have somewhere I can fill my water tanks????

There's no mains hook up so gennies at the ready...Two Fresh water drinking taps near the shower block. Bring your rubber tap adaptor :D

See you around 8pm Fri night.

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

There's no mains hook up so gennies at the ready...Two Fresh water drinking taps near the shower block. Bring your rubber tap adaptor :D

See you around 8pm Fri night.

Cool will try and get there for around the same time but the traffic will be manic