The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life after the Supra - MK1 Golf GTi project

j_jza80

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I dropped my Corrado off this morning to have the engine mount replaced, and drove my Golf on the road for the first time in a few years.

It's the first time in ages I've driven a car without abs or power steering, so that took a little getting used to! :D

I took her out again at lunch time, down some of my favourite local country roads, and had a Cheshire cat grin the whole time. I'd forgotten how much fun this car is. I really don't want to part with it, but sadly I just don't have a place to store it, and I don't want it sitting around again.

Going to get some Gopro footage over the next few days. :D

They were just so much better than any other small FWD car of their time. Except perhaps the Alfa Sud Ti, but they all rotted away in months. And you do realize just WHY it's so nice to drive Jason? Cos' it's so light. FWD can be fun, if the weight is down. Tried a S1 or S2 Elan ever? Gorgeous.... Sorry it has to go, looks a nice one, and i do like the Compomotives.

• 8 months later...

I forgot to update this thread, but sadly the Golf has now gone. :( But at least it has gone to a good home, a father/son pair of mechanics who want to use her on trackdays and weekends away.

I WILL have another at some point, when I have a big area to store all my wish list :D No doubt good ones will be worth a fortune by then.