The mkiv Supra Owners Club

first EVER Solaris fitted to a auto dyno results!!!! :D

L33

Good questions Dean

Ok with the AEMFIC installed you are limited on the rev cut by the stock ecu which kicks in at 6800rpm. Now Lee's engine at this point is still make power in a vertical direction so it was pointless to really turn the boost up without a fix for the Rev cut issue and that the gearbox changes at 6600rpm in the lower gears. As i have been looking deeply into all this and an alternative for the shift retard to reduce the torque on changes through the Syvecs i thought lee's car would be ideal to trial the S6 on it.

I offered lee a deal he couldn't refuse i have been working on it for the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Today i finally got all the components working great on the gearbox and now it revs round to 7500rpm in all gears.

At the same boost of 1bar we gained 27hp from just another 700rpm of revving.

So chuffed i have finally got a proper answer for the high power autos now as its been bugging me since working with the series 1 aem units.

Another good thing about using the syvecs for Lee now is he can go for bigger injectors and run more boost as well as having closed loop boost, knock control and traction control in the future when i have more time available to wire in etc. All piggybacks struggle really when you go past 650cc.

Get some drag slicks now Lee and i reckon it will run a 10 sec 1/4 easy!!

Please be careful in it!!

that mite as well of been in french for me but thats for explaining for them mate

as said i really appreciate what you have done!

i have been quietly looking for some slicks :p just dont want to temp fate and break the thing just yet want to at least enjoy it for a few shows!!

when the time is right i will get some bigger injectors and let you loose on it again but for now i just want to drive her!!

and i will go steady i promis :)

i look forward to owning all those auto haters out there at the POD :D

Nice work matey, sounds like it should be fun :thumbs:

Would be great to see the Syvecs launch control and traction control working together to get off the line with an auto ;)

i recon this shud get sorted for POD, and i need to get a line lock kit!

but atm i have a very empty pocket to do more and dont want to turn into a boost whore like jamie p :p

Ryan, if you managed to tweak the torque around shift points, does that now make the Syvecs a contender for normal Autos? Maybe with more than 500 odd hp?

The Syvecs is also perfect for normal auto's and im going to try and convince Lui to fit one now as he has been bugging me for a while about this.

All depends on the condition of the stock box though and how much cooling it has to know what torque it will run now.

Is the Solaris now controlling the autobox then?

No i let the stock ecu run the box as it does a damn good job of it i just fool the auto control side of it abit to hold it in gear for longer and also then found a trick way to reduce the torque on changes.

Ryan, can you alter the shift points and hardness of the shifts ?????

Nice to see an ECU work with an auto.

You can alter the rpm at which it shifts but cant change the hardness yet but Pat@syvecs wants to junk the stock ecu though and he is the only man i know who could work out how to do it!

You can alter the rpm at which it shifts but cant change the hardness yet but Pat@syvecs wants to junk the stock ecu though and he is the only man i know who could work out how to do it!

Would be great if you could get it to do that, hell I may even get someone to try one !!!!:eyebrows: