The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie.. Please help with buying advise!!

Scottrw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick with your del-sol, getting good gas mileage for the next 7 months while putting away 250 pound away every two weeks. At the end of 7 months, you'll have saved(+your current budget) enough to afford a TT. In the meantime, soak up what you can about MKIV TTs on this site, which will make you better-informed when it comes time to make the purchase. There. Problem solved. That'll be 150 bucks please. :tongue:

To be fair I probably have typed that way since I was about 14..... So please accept my apologies. Look Im trying, but old habits die hard.

N/A is looking a reasonable option at the moment though. I would want to make a little extra power thouhgh I think!

mmmmmmmm was it easy i may be tempted to do mine does it take long?

Not easy at all, my mum is a fantastic seamstress, so I couldn't have done that bit and those bloody clips are a nightmare (I think my general lack of the right tools for the job didn't help).

If I was doing it again I'd pay someone!

Sounds pertty similar to what I currently have but I get better economy! Not bad though....... Auto sounds like a nice option too.

Im gonna take a look around...... Cant hurt to test drive & make a decision from there, can it?

Theres a few members local to you, stick a post up in the Supra Chat section for any local members who could take you for a spin in one. If you're ever in the Reading area I'm happy to show you around a nice TT and take you for a 'spin'. :eyebrows:

Guest Ishani

Im gonna take a look around...... Cant hurt to test drive & make a decision from there, can it?

Damn straight. :thumbs:

I believe a CAI mod on a NA isn't such a good idea, best to check the search... last thing I read (IIRC) was that buying decent filters for the standard 'box was a better option. I'm sure someone with brains in this area will correct me if otherwise!

There are loads of topics on modding supras in general, browsing around the knowledge stored in the forum will reveal all sorts of handy tidbits (been very useful for me so far, anyway...)

From what i've heard the auto box is apparently very good, but i'm heading for manual myself. Just... eh.. beacause :)

Thanks Homer..... Reading isn't far from me at all!! Last time I drove there I got stuck in traffic, got fed up & turned around again...lol. Maybe next time I will actually manage to park up?

I think it's possible you you scare the life outta me wouldn't you?

A TT is best option as others have said an NA is alot more expensive to extract more bhp out of.

I've had an NA in the past and always looked on wishing I had the real deal I suppose.

The main point is at the moment you have 180bhp at the time you bought it you were probably happy with it. Now you want more and believe me whether its a TT or NA after a few months you will want more again and IMO to get more a TT is the cheapest way to go

Jurgen the C-West one looks pretty nice. What do you mean by custom dash? Beacause of the dvd head unit?

it is very nice the dash has been painted in a black color with a flip in, i used to own this car as it ultra reliable and nice looking very nice ride. i sold for 9k it has dvd player and a tv plus it only has 53000 miles u can buy these cheaper in auto trader but u pay for what u get and this one is mint.

Thanks Homer..... Reading isn't far from me at all!! Last time I drove there I got stuck in traffic, got fed up & turned around again...lol. Maybe next time I will actually manage to park up?

I think it's possible you you scare the life outta me wouldn't you?

I'm a nice guy honestly ;)

Seriously though, if you want a go in a mildly modded TT 6spd supra let me know. You'll get an idea of the supra's grip and power. :D

Ahhh CJ..... So you have done the "single" conversion that I was reading about in the FAQ section? So what power are you producing? Im guessing this is a real beast?

Ok Homer thats a nice offer thanks..... What sort of power do you mean by "mildly modded"? I would love for you to take me out...... I think Im going to have to start saving hard!