The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie.. Please help with buying advise!!

Scottrw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok 220-230ish!! & its quite a heavy car right!?? So thats not that great!!

Okay they aren't TT power, but they are pretty damn nippy and they meet your budget and are reliable. Don't think you'll find a Zed that cheap to keep running.

No no thats cool..... I know you wont necesarily see the comparison but my car is very small & light & worth about 170-180bhp!! SO its fairly nippy too... but I want alot faster & Im not sure a na car would be that much quicker than my SOl... Or maybe Im wrong!??

& I think you're right about the Zed!! I kinda ruled that one out a while ago!!

Other reliable options for decent power I guess are the 200 sx s14a & maybe another MR2!!?? Not really sure what else fits the bill that I like!??

Guest Ishani

FWIW i'm in a similar position, looking to spend about 6k; am going NA simply because i'll work myself up to a TT after saving harder over the next few years... a NA will no doubt keep me occupied and smiling for now :) .. and, most importantly, I might be able to actually afford it without a he-uuu-ge loan too! :tongue:

Good look with your search, do post up what you find and which one you eventually go for!

No no thats cool..... I know you wont necesarily see the comparison but my car is very small & light & worth about 170-180bhp!!

Fair point :) I've driven lardy cars for about 5 years now so haven't got a good benchmark!

Sorry Homer!! Time of month I think!! ahem,......

I dont think insurance should be too bad... Although Im assuming the TT is a group 20!?? Im in a better position with my insurance than I was a few years ago ;o)

No hard feelings ;)

You'd be amazed with the insurance on these things. NA is generally more expensive - normally about the same as an import TT, UK is cheapest.

I'm 28 and drive have a j-spec, full NCB, no recent claims, no points (f*ck knows how!) and pay £750 obviously all mods declared. I think for people of our age around £800 per year is the going rate.

Guest Ishani

Dude, this probably sounds a bit cheeky but you might want to stop littering every sentence with "!!?? !!!" .. people are going to assume you're a riotous 14 year old by default :o)

Wow Faye!! Just looking at your car!! Looks stunning!! Are those seats standard!?? Very nice..... & I like the aerotop too!!

COuld be a good option!!

Alot more reasonable insurance too!??

Aww thank you :hug:

Nope seats aren't standard, my mum and I customised them :)

Arggghhh you guys got me thinking now... especially the get the n/a aerotop now & work up to the TT.... Still desent power right!?? & I could get a nice model with reasonable milage.... None of the turbo worries

Hmmm ok..... Sorry to ask without searching but whilst Im here what would the advantages of owning a n/a over a turbo be.......

I mean like how much of a saving insurance & fuel economy etc!?? Whats 0-60 like in n/a & is the auto gearbox as good even though its the non turbo!??

Opps sorry about !!!!!! force of habit

Ok so insurance not much cheaper. What sorta mods do people do to n/a's? The usual CAI, Exhaust, wheels, suspension & the like?

Seats look fantastic Faye... How did you do them?

I mean like how much of a saving insurance & fuel economy etc!?? Whats 0-60 like in n/a & is the auto gearbox as good even though its the non turbo!??

18mpg is what I get out of my NA.

My insurance is around the £850 mark, (no points, 7yrs NCB)

I like the auto box its nice and responsive, but I've never driven an NA manual so can't make a fair comparison.

0-60 never really bothered me but I think its around the 7 sec mark.

0-60 is about 6.7secs and top speed 150mph.

for a tt it is abour 4.2 secs 0-60 and top speed 170mph.

autos with supras go well, i certainly like them but you get lazy the aerotop i have is just a cruise car looks good and looks better topless but it shifts too when needed but i would not recommend racing wrx,evo,tt in a non turbo supra.

Seats look fantastic Faye... How did you do them?

Took the covers off, unstiched the centre panel and got my mum to sew in the new panels. Then put the covers back on (lots of horrid clippy things hold them in place.

Dude, this probably sounds a bit cheeky but you might want to stop littering every sentence with "!!?? !!!" .. people are going to assume you're a riotous 14 year old by default :o)

I must admit that this was my first assumption :innocent:

Proved wrong so far, the last thing this forum needs is even more Maxers

Sounds pertty similar to what I currently have but I get better economy! Not bad though....... Auto sounds like a nice option too.

Im gonna take a look around...... Cant hurt to test drive & make a decision from there, can it?