The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think I poisoned my engine

magnos

I see you say the car was left standing for 3 months, but that the battery runs out after a week. Have you had to jump start the car recently?

The UK spec alarm does not like being jump started and fries itself quite easily.

That could stop the fuel pump and ignition system working possibly.

You may need to disconnect the battery from the alarm for long enough for it to run down its own internal batteries and reset, or get somebody to take a look at the car as I think it may be more than just a spark problem.

i've disconnected the battery before it has been left off road, i did jumped started a few times in the past till someone told me to disconnect the battery when i'm not driving it every day and it worked fine that day till that pipe came out from the joint ,

i left it over the night and in the morning i've start the engine for a few minutes while i was checking the car and when i've been told later that they to check the intercooler pipes it stalled

I`ve cleaned the spurk plugs with brake and clutch cleaner and l left them over the night to dry out, wanted to change them for new ones but Halfords don`t do them ,they were in very bad shape IMO ,wet ,dirty with black liquid all covered,hope this was the problem :(

I`ve cleaned the spurk plugs with brake and clutch cleaner and l left them over the night to dry out, wanted to change them for new ones but Halfords don`t do them ,they were in very bad shape IMO ,wet ,dirty with black liquid all covered,hope this was the problem :(

Black fluid will just be soot/fuel buld up. New plugs would be ideal at this point.

This is very common so don't stress, happens to many of us :) New plugs, full battery, it'll start fine.

Your choice really. I personally don't see the point in them at stock, BPU or even small/medium single power levels but some here swear by them.

Set of NGK coppers are about £14 and last around 5k miles, set of iridiums are £40-60 and last around 8k miles.

Have a read here for the specs required: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41927

""Denso and NGK recommend their Iridium’s only be replaced every 30,000miles (in some applications iridium plugs will last 120,000miles BUT NOT A SPORTSCAR!), and this is 5 times the life a copper plug.""

iridiums sounds good,thanks

They're good for 8k miles mate, little more. Don't beleive the bullshit from the resellers or OEM's, it goes out of the window as soon as you start making changes to the stock system. It's, well, bullshit.

The best mileage I ever got from a set of top priced Denso IK's was 9k, but they were dying well before then.

They're good for 8k miles mate, little more. Don't beleive the bull$#@! from the resellers or OEM's, it goes out of the window as soon as you start making changes to the stock system. It's, well, bull$#@!.

The best mileage I ever got from a set of top priced Denso IK's was 9k, but they were dying well before then.

I can't remember the last time I changed my plugs :D Still on the same ones I put in when I went single about 4 years ago, prob 20,000 miles +

They certainly aren't coppers, not sure exactly what they are it's been so long!

I can't remember the last time I changed my plugs :D Still on the same ones I put in when I went single about 4 years ago, prob 20,000 miles +

They certainly aren't coppers, not sure exactly what they are it's been so long!

Same here...IK24's on a single and over 16k:)