The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2011 Calendar Photo Submissions

mawby

I want to start collecting images for the 2011 calendar now so people have a long as possible to submit their entries, and I have as much time as possible to reject them if they aren't 100% suitable for the calendar. Hopefully this will avoid a repeat of last years confusion where an unsuitable entry was only rejected after it had gone to public vote.

Categories

Having looked at which pictures worked well in the 2010 calendar I am allowing 11 categories this time;

Action

Artistic

Events

Group

Night

Portrait - Stock Cars (Wheels excluded)

Portrait - Other

Photo-shopped

Scenic - Autumn Backgrounds

Scenic - Winter Backgrounds

Scenic - Other

1 picture will be chosen from each category, with a 12th being the 2nd best from any category I chose.

No photo-shopped entries allowed in any category except the photo-shopped one. Minor alterations to hide number plates will be accepted.

Time scales

The time scales for this years calendars are;

Submissions in by 6th September

Voting done by 4th October

Compiling done by 18th October

Printing done by 8th November

This only gives me two weeks to put the winning photos into the templates, but I plan to make sure the photos are suitable beforehand and the templates are done before this too so it will just be a case of copy, paste, save, off it goes. Anything submitted after the 6th of September will be rejected!

Entry Requirements

We had some excellent photos submitted last year, but we also had some which were totally unsuitable for printing. To try and reduce the number of unusable entries this year please make sure any photos you submit are at least 3420px wide and 2420px high. To take a photo of this resolution requires a minimum of a 8 mega-pixel camera. Photos larger than this may be accepted if I can shrink and/or crop them to size, and photos slightly smaller than this may be accepted if I can re-sample them to be large enough. Anything else will be rejected!

How to Enter

To enter you need to send your final photo (i.e. the one which will actually get printed, not a smaller example) as an attachment to [email protected] with a subject of "Calendar {category} Entry", substituting {category} for a category above, and putting your forum user name in the message body. Anything else will be rejected!

What Happens Next

Once the deadline for entries is reached a vote will take place on all accepted entries in each category. The entry with the highest number of votes from each category will go into the calendar.

How Do I Get a Calendar?

I will start to take payments for the calendars once the voting has finished. There will be no reserve list this year. Tigger spent too much time chasing people who put their name on the list and then didn't want one or didn't even bother responding when we asked for the payment. I am also only going to have 100 printed this year so I don't end up having to store boxes of calendars that people have decided they no longer want. So it will be first come, first served, and hopefully they will all be sold before Christmas this time!

Terms and Conditions

• Photos must be submitted by 6th September
  • Photos must be suitable for the category they are entered into
  • Photos must be 3420px wide and 2420px high
  • No notification or justification will be given for rejected entries. If your photo doesn't appear in the voting thread then it has been rejected.
  • There is no limit on the overall number of entries per category this year.
  • Each car may only be submitted once per category, but unlike last year you may submit the same car (but not photo!) in more than one category.
  • If the same car wins more than one category only one of the photos will be included in the calendar. I will pick which one is included. The 2nd place entry will be used for the category of the photo which isn't included.
  • The submitter MUST own the copyright of the photo, and the submitter agrees to indemnify the club against any loses or costs incurred as a result of their entry.
  • The Supras in the photos submitted MUST belong to members of this club.
  • The photos must be of Supra’s only. No people or other cars to be in the photo (expect in group photos or action shots)
  • I reserve the right to merge any of the above categories if a category is failing to get submissions
  • I reserve the right to change and/or add to these rules without notice
  • I reserve the right to cancel the 2011 calendar without notice or justification
  • The club's decision on any matter is final

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one I took last year which I might enter... Doesn't have much of the Supra in the actual picture but I personally think it shows off the curves of the body well in the picture.

Edit - Okay I have entered the "Scenic - Autumn Backgrounds" Entry.

• 2 weeks later...

No submissions yet. :(

Edit - Okay I have entered the "Scenic - Autumn Backgrounds" Entry.

Was your entry as per the details here?

How to Enter

To enter you need to send your final photo (i.e. the one which will actually get printed, not a smaller example) as an attachment to [email protected] with a subject of "Calendar {category} Entry", substituting {category} for a category above, and putting your forum user name in the message body. Anything else will be rejected!

We have our first entry. :) Good to see the automatic mail box filtering is working.

As above, as you are only allowed to send one photo most people will be holding out till the last gasp to see what they can come up with.

Remember it's only 1 entry per category, so you have the option to submitting up to 11 entries.

I was led to believe that it was only one entry in total, not one in each category?

I'll have to get snapping then! ;)

You should have read the rules more closely...

Each car may only be submitted once per category, but unlike last year you may submit the same car (but not photo!) in more than one category.