The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of the damage to my new wheels :(

dani_r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned earlier, I thought that would be the seller's response. If damage wasn't mentioned in the ad and, as you say, you can't easily see any damage in his photos without the wheels actually in front of you for reference, then I'd tell him what you want (full refund, partial refund). Give him a deadline of 48hrs or so. If he doesn't comply, then escalate it to a PayPal dispute/claim. Good luck.

As Ed said mate, keep going, he says he doesnt want to get into an argument. Personally i thnk thats exactly whats needed. Is he far from you? Might be better to deal face to face, in a professional way.

I don't think he could be any further away. He's all the way in Devon! lol

Thanks for all your kind words guys. I was totally resigned to the fact that I was stuck with these, but persistance will hopefully pay off! :)

I agree, go for a full refund, get the wheels sent back. The wheels arent even original as they have already been refurbished. How much extra would it have cost to buy brand new original ones compared to these?

New wheels for mine, in the right offset would have been about £900ish iirc

Have you tried getting a courier to wait while you check anything let alone a set of wheels properly, he'd be stood there for 15 mins while you unboxed them and gave them the once over.

My last delivery from a courier refused to wait and there was no way to sign unchecked, his answer was if you have problem its your suppliers fault not ours.

This really pees me off. Couriers either need to remove the slopey-shouldered clause about "once it's signed for, it's not our problem" (although doing so might leave them open to abuse from dishonest recipients), or they need to be patient enough to kick their heels whilst the recipient checks things over properly. They can't have it both ways.

Just received a reply :D

HI Dan,

I did not know there was any damage at all, the wheels came direct from the customers wheel refinishers, hazy quality pictures you’ll have to take that up with ebay, as each picture I uploaded was 3mb!! – they were the same pictures I have just shown you!

As you are clearly not happy with the wheels, then its probably best if you return the wheels to ourselves, and we will give a full refund.

I am sorry for any inconvinence caused.

Our address for the return of the wheels is

Rota wheels UK LTD

Unit 7-9 marsh end

Lords meadow industrial estate

Crediton

Devon

Ex17 1dn

Please mark the wheels for my attention, and I will process the refund upon their arrival.

With regard to us paying for a referb, the wheels will fetch £500 easily even with the damage shown in your pictures, in fact several people emailed me after the auction had ended, so it would not be financially viable for me to pay for a refurbishment of the wheels, which would be £100 + minimum

The best I would be able to do would to offer a partial refund for £50 to cover the cost of touching up the damaged wheels.

Regards

J

What should I do!? I really want the wheels but i'd want more than £50 to sort the wheels! It'll be £200 minimum! Advice?

Oh well, at least he's offered you a full refund. Your persistence has paid off! That said, it's probably going to cost you about £30 if you were to send them back; not so bad really.

If you can afford it, then I'd probably be inclined to send them back and put the extra to and get a brand new set of exactly what you want - style/offset/finish. You never know, with those wheels the rest of the paint may start flaking off if they haven't been prepared/coated correctly.