The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of the damage to my new wheels :(

dani_r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1st courier that delivered mine was an ass, you could see the the wheel through the box and he wouldnt let me sign for it damaged and also said it must of come from the manufacturers like that:rolleyes: COCK!!!

The second guy was spot on, waited while i opened the box, signed damaged for it, wrote damaged and his details on the box so i wouldnt have any problems...

Hope you get it sorted:)

Just got this reply from the chap at Rarerims:

HI Dan,

Unfortunatly signing for the goods is ‘receiving the item in good condition’ it says this at the top of the screen on the unit.

Basically I cannot claim from the courier (rung and checked today, they said the same),

My hands are a tied on this one really, which I am sorry about, but don’t know really what I can do to resolve the situation.

If you want to try and raise a claim with the courier, I can give you their contact details.

Julian

What's my next move? Should i persue the couriers and more than likely get fobbed off? :(Or should I try something else?

Those boxes and the packaging the company sent them in are crap, far too thin and no decent protection. If only one wheel was affected then maybe it was down to handling/the courier but as they are all knackered then it's a packing issue.

Go back to the seller/company and tell them that the packing is the issue so they are responsible and need to sort it.

BTW, the paint on them looks amatuer and weak anyway so this could have contributed to how easy they became damaged.

Edited by Paul (see edit history)

i wanted rota gtr drift for my supra, but heard of quite a few delivered damaged, as not properly packaged..got ultralite atecII's instead....i'd chase rare rims,as the packaging was crap, small claims court is free (i think).

Holy Crap!

I've just checked out the ad online again, and had a good poke at the pictures that they provided! They put up 4 pictures, but 2 pictures of the same front and the same rear!

On closer inspection, there is already damage to the wheel clearly visible that matches what arrived with me! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I've attached the pics below:

The front as shown on the ad. If you look at the far right side (3 o'clock exactly) of the rim carefully you can see a chip

The same wheel as it arrived! The exact same place!!!

The pic of the rear wheel in the ad! At about the 7 o'clock position there is the same chip as is shown below!

The pic of one of the less damaged rear wheels as it arrived! The exact chip in exactly the same place!

I have been well and truly had! :wtf::bang::diablo::banghead::angry::angry:

Here is the email I have just sent to them:

Hi Julian,

To be totally honest I just want my wheels the way they should be!

I have been having a closer look at the pictures you provided with the ad. And you have only provided pictures of one front and one rear wheel!

Upon closer inspection you can clearly see that at the 3 o'clock position on the front wheel (labeled 'Front2') which is the picture you used, there is a chip on the paint work, i have attached this as picture 1. On the second picture ('Front1.2) which i took when i got the wheels, you can see the exact same chip in exactly the same position! On the picture of the rear wheel you posted up ('Rear1'), at the 7 o'clock position on the wheel you can clearly see a chip, which is in exactly the same place and the same size as the chip in pictures 4 and 5! ( 'Rear 1 Side' & 'Rear1.2')

Unless you can provide pictures of the other 2 wheels before you sent them, I am going to assume that there was damage on them too! You claimed in your earlier email dated 17 Mar @ 18:19 that "they were not in that condition when they left here". But it appears from the pictures that they in fact were!

These pictures are clear evidence that these wheels were shipped with damage already! As a result I think it would be appropriate that at the very least you should refund me the cost of a full refurb for all 4 of these wheels!

I look forward to hearing from you

Dan

I wonder if he'll be so forthcoming with a reply? If not, I'll be on the phone to his MD in the afternoon! I'm sick of getting screwed over

Shocking! I hope you get it sorted.

Maybe you could get Ibrar to do the refurb, if this Wheelman pays for it to be done? :search:;)

I definately would, but my location is a bit of a problem! I'll need to get it done over here. It wasn't this wheelman that's the problem, it's Rarerims, which are the Rota dealer in the UK that supplied them! :blink:

...I have been having a closer look at the pictures you provided with the ad...

Upon closer inspection you can clearly see that at the 3 o'clock position on the front wheel (labeled 'Front2') which is the picture you used, there is a chip on the paint work...

...On the picture of the rear wheel you posted up ('Rear1'), at the 7 o'clock position on the wheel you can clearly see a chip...

One potential problem due to saying the above to the seller, is that effectively you've stated that the photos that contributed to the contract of sale - as you say - "clearly" showed you that you would be receiving damaged wheels. Did the description say that they were unmarked/mint? You could have a word with Trading Standards about it; they're quite helpful and it will cost you nothing.

Were they "sold as new"? If so you have a claim with the supplier :) They clearly were not new when they left them.

Back to the original issue.

You need to check the T&C's with the supplier too regarding transit damage. End of the day, you signed for them. It makes their insurance void and therefore your claim with the courier too.

The only other angle is claiming with the supplier is the lack of packaging. They will deny it and it will be upto you to sue them/claim via Paypal/credit card.

Have you heard anything back from this, I'm very interested to hear of the outcome!

DamanC - Perhaps the company had damaged them thus making them hard to sell.

So then posted them out hoping the customer would complain and they would get replacements on insurance.

I know its a bummer, but you really should inspect things at the door before signing.

I could post you a gold bar, and when you recieve the package you sign for it, take it inside the house open it up and find a house brick.

You signed for a gold bar in good condition.

This is the write-up with the wheels:

This item is a new set of Rota Grid Drift alloy wheels, that have been refinished in silver by a customer to an acceptable finish.

The customer then changed his mind and went for another wheel

Specs are 18x8.5 et35 and 18x9.5 et38 - perfect for the RX8, Skyline, Supra,

Will also fit 350z and 200sx but I would advise spacers on these cars

I know its a bummer, but you really should inspect things at the door before signing.

Have you tried getting a courier to wait while you check anything let alone a set of wheels properly, he'd be stood there for 15 mins while you unboxed them and gave them the once over.

My last delivery from a courier refused to wait and there was no way to sign unchecked, his answer was if you have problem its your suppliers fault not ours.

Have you tried getting a courier to wait while you check anything let alone a set of wheels properly, he'd be stood there for 15 mins while you unboxed them and gave them the once over.

My last delivery from a courier refused to wait and there was no way to sign unchecked, his answer was if you have problem its your suppliers fault not ours.

Yes, infact I try to be as much of an arsehole about it as possible.

The reason is - id rarther be the arsehole with money, than an arsehole without. :D

I sign for about 5 parcels a day on average due to running a small business, and I know what is coming and who its coming with.. Dependant on what it is, I will come outside (so the parcel hasnt been delivered) and open it outside and if I dont like it, I just refuse it.

The delivery drivers are in a rush and if I can appricate that, they can appriciate I dont want to get ripped off.. On occasion they dont appricate my appriciation very much, and throw temper tantrums - I have had to shut the door because he was trying to deliver the parcel once, and then he left it against the house and I had to run out and put it on his van roof because I didnt want it - hot potato anyone? :p

Has the guy not replied to your last mail yet?

Yeah, I got a reply! I've also attached my response:

HI

I have attached pictures of the other two wheels,

I don’t want to get into an argument over this, but if as you say you have seen the damage in the pictures on ebay, ‘you can clearly see that at the 3 o’clock position on the front wheel, there is a chip on the paint work’ then you have seen the damage, and bought them!!

I would say that the damage the wheels have now they have arrived with you is far in excess of the odd marks shown on the ebay listing!!

I didn’t realise I had used the same two pictures, but have attached the pictures of the other two wheels, as you can see they are perfect.

So, being as the wheels were sent in the same condition they were shown in the ebay listing, then I don’t know what I can do about it!!!

Regards

Julian

These are the pictures he attached:

Second front

Second Rear

This is my reply:

Hi,

The damage to the wheels that appears in the pics from the ebay ad is only really visible if you have the actual wheel in front of you to use as a reference due to the hazy quality of the pictures used in the ad! Not a single person would have ever spotted that with the quality of the pictures unless they had the wheel in front of them!

There is no mention of any damage whatsoever in the ad, and i think really that if you knew there was any damage at all, that you should have mentioned it!

Having looked at the pictures you sent, the picture of the front wheel is actually the only one that's undamaged apart from the odd scuff mark and that's fine, and in fact, the only picture you have provided that is in actual good quality with good light!

But the picture of the second rear you sent also shows damage, after a bit of squinting nonetheless, in the exact same position as in pic 'Rear 2 Top' that i have attached( 1 o'clock position), As for the big chip in the bottom of the picture, the biggest bit of paint came off when simply removing the hair net cover! It was over an inch long bit of paint that came away as soon as the cover came off the wheel! Leaving that massive bit exposed. In the picture you provided that section is mostly covered up by a sticker, which just happens to be in the section of the wheel where the damage was!

I'm not looking for anything I'm not entitled to here, I just want to be able to put these wheels on my car! Everything is pointing to the fact that these wheels were sent with damage, and the pics you put on the ad would never had revealed any damage to someone unless they had the wheel due to the quality of the images (apart from the one that is actually undamaged!), and also there was absolutely no mention of damage in the ad!

Regards

Dan

This is the pic I attached FYI:

I'm awaiting his reply:rolleyes: