The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Increasing the ride height

Dim Sum

Bigger wheels are not going to raise the ride height.

Thats not strictly true.

I realise that when changing the size of the rim (from the correct original rim size) the rolling radius of the tyre should not change to any great degree and this is done by reducing the profile of the tyre to suit the rim size.

However due to the fact that these rims appear to be completely wrong for the car who is to say that the tyre size is anywhere close to what it should be?

So with that being said the correct rims in conjunction with suitable tyres could indeed see the ride height of the car increase.

Ok. At the end of the day i'm new to supra. So im glad that there are alot of people out there with more knowledge than me and are helping so thank you all.

Like i mention above are these ok? and what tyre size should i be looking at? 18" BLACK JADE R ALLOY WHEELS 235/40/18?

I've heard i should get two rears 265/35/18, is that correct?

Is it a TT or NA?

I'd just put stock wheels on personally, since your car looks rather stock as it is. Stock wheels are relatively light and look fine on a stock looking car.

i) Cheap wheels on a stock car generally look bad.

ii) Cheap wheels on a kitted car you may get away with it as the kit takes away people's focus from the wheels alone.

Might sound silly, but do you slow down for humps & go over them at 1mph or do you tend to keep it in second & then go over them say at 5-10mph? As mentioned you should check the exhaust fitting & also take off the front lip if it is catching.

Like i mention above are these ok? and what tyre size should i be looking at? 18" BLACK JADE R ALLOY WHEELS 235/40/18?

I've heard i should get two rears 265/35/18, is that correct?

What width and offset are the wheels?

Is it a TT or NA?

I'd just put stock wheels on personally, since your car looks rather stock as it is. Stock wheels are relatively light and look fine on a stock looking car.

i) Cheap wheels on a stock car generally look bad.

ii) Cheap wheels on a kitted car you may get away with it as the kit takes away people's focus from the wheels alone.

Well i brought the car a month ago and it has been like that since, the only mod I've done is colour the dash white. Its a N/a i have plans for it but i wont carry out any exterior mods until the inside is done. But I'm asking for ideas on wheels and tyres before I buy it. Just want to get some research done first.

Might sound silly, but do you slow down for humps & go over them at 1mph or do you tend to keep it in second & then go over them say at 5-10mph? As mentioned you should check the exhaust fitting & also take off the front lip if it is catching.

I go VERY SLOW. maybe it could be the exhaust, but it still catches the front lip. I know I can take the lip off but if I was going to get the Top Secret front bumper that will catch as well.

What width and offset are the wheels?

>.> I don't actually know...... any idea how to find out. Like I have previously said, I'm new here part of the forums and to the car.