The mkiv Supra Owners Club

overboost problem

L33

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've done a few runs today from diff speeds and gears with the boost controller off and the boost is constant 1.3 bar

So because its constant does that mean the manifold and waste gate are ok?

1.3 bar is high for just the wastegate pressure, could be a problem but if its constant you may get away with it, is it mapped to run that much boost?

Was mapped to 1 bar, but its not goin above 1.3 at all so I guess that's good compared to the 1.5 that was before! Only a couple weeks then its over to ryan any way

If its only mapped to 1 bar you want to be very carefull, id hate to read a post saying lots of smoke.

Since I pulled the trac fuse out I can now spin the wheels as I had to see what diff it was, I have a torsen as there is 2marks and not a lsd as I tested when on a ramp off ground as I was able to stop a wheel with my hand

Told you so;)

Torsen is LSD.

You cannot check for a torsen diff by jacking and spinning the wheels. Torsen mean "Torque sensing". I.e. if you jack the back up, there's no torque on the other wheel so it will act like an open (non-LSD) diff.

The only real way to make sure is to take the back plate off the diff and see whats there, or do the burnout test. I prefer the latter :D

Not quite true dude a LSD will have clutches like a TRD or Kazz and if you jack the car up both wheels will turn the same wheel, a torsen works like a centrifugal ratchet and when jacked up wheels will turn opposite ways like an open diff.