The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is this worthy of a mag feature?

L33

Cheers guys

Time to start buying finishing touch bits to make it better :) just little things that bug me but now I have a reason to pull my finger out!

Mite all work out for good timing if the solaris can be fitted before hand :)

Well I was generally asking to see what the criteria is for a mag feature, a few on here have been in a mag or are about to be I just wondered do they get approached, no some one on the inside or send emails like I've now tried?

And those that have been featured have obviously spoke to the mag so I wondered if there is a tick list you have to meet to get in? As a mint standard car won't get in but why and what makes it a feature car?

I got asked, but tbh i wish i didnt do it and id never do it again.

9 hours solid of moving the car in every direction known to man, i got better things to do tbh, will be worth it once i see the mag feature but as i say, id never do it again.

Thats what I felt when I have a photo shoot with the R32, I thought we would have a few snaps and away, it took hours and hours, so much stopping and starting the battery went flat, and get this, he was so used to this happeneing he had a booster pack with him

We finished the static shots in about 3 hours, then we did the very slow spped movement shots which were very impressive, then some drive bys, I was knackered at the end

I was never giving a set of pics or any payment either

Never again

well its always been a childhood dream, being obsessed with cars and reading modifying mags. i always wanted a supra so this is all coming together nicely for me and i cudnt be move over the moon.

some people dont understand and say its just a car but its so much more than that. my life has evolved around getting this car uptogether and making it what it is! literally blood sweat and tears working to pay for it to be where it is! so this really is the finishing touch to a long dream :)

9 hours solid of moving the car in every direction known to man, i got better things to do tbh, will be worth it once i see the mag feature but as i say, id never do it again.

I hear you - I only did the feature for my car on the arrangement that my photographer friends took the photos (to get professional exposure). Which it was very successful at, happy to say.

Didn't care about the recognition otherwise.

well its always been a childhood dream, being obsessed with cars and reading modifying mags. i always wanted a supra so this is all coming together nicely for me and i cudnt be move over the moon.

some people dont understand and say its just a car but its so much more than that. my life has evolved around getting this car uptogether and making it what it is! literally blood sweat and tears working to pay for it to be where it is! so this really is the finishing touch to a long dream :)

As has been said, make sure you get high-resolution copies of the photos taken. Beautiful pictures of your car is the reward, not the magazine feature, in my opinion.

ive always said to my self "if" i ever got in a mag i would buy myself a copy to read and then a copy that i would keep away in storage to show grandkids ect

When I had my first work published in a 'proper' car mag, I bought 4 copies. One to put on the wall (lol), one to read, one to use in my portfolio and one just in case. I don't think that's so weird :innocent:

how do u get a mag on a wall?! pin back pages? lol

thing is i personally think its some thing to be proud of, a medal type of thing perhaps :)

blackie...i will make him sell those seats!!! he said he will hold them for you

slightly off track but i have a huge head ake i been reading how to use the auto box properly for the past half hour! :( lol stil not fully loaded up so going to have a try in a bit. every topic mentioned manu is fastest way and cycling through the gears from L 2 D but doesnt say any thing about manu and leaving in D. it used to be hard enough manually changing up and not going to far into N when i was TT, now im single and holding on for dear life i cant see it being any easier :D lmao!