The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'Fitz Event' - Part 2 (April 2010)

Fitz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Having spoken to Branners recently about the route we can take for our April run, taking into consideration what people have been saying about more coastal scenery and he has recommended this route which I think it's good.

Here's what Branners has suggested (hope he doesn't mind me posting it up)

Well looking at the map I would try something like this

Dorking down to Worthing, then west along the A27 past Bognor etc. Stop off at Goodwood at Chichester for lunch (if they do it) or just a visit if they dont.

Then after that carry on along the A27 then south to Hayling Island. Mess about on the sea front for a bit and have lunch if not had at Goodwood. Then head back up to the A27 and off to Portsmouth or Southampton.

linky to directions

Total of about 80 miles.

You would need to find out if Goodwood does lunch in the cafe. Also find out from Hayling Island locals what the parking on the seafront is like. And finally try and find somebody who can recommend a place to stop in Southampton.

I think that would be a fairly nice run

Let me know what you guys think of it. And whether you don't mind the distance. Alternative suggestions also welcome :)

Sounds good to me, I'll be driving up to Dorking again, wouldn't want to miss any of it.

I have no real biases on either Southampton or Portsmouth, but what I would say is that Portsmouth/Southsea has a better front to cruise along.

Bob.

I remember where it is....somewhat :), agreed the distance is quite long but, this is a chance to suggest alternative or shorter routes.

Looks like a good route to me.

If you are going to be joining the group there i might meet you at that point, always a good excuse for a burger.

Ok we'll sort something out nearer the time

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

Got your PM Clifford, count me in! ;)

1. Fitz

2. Bradleyh_15

3. Bob_B

4. Pistonbroke

5. Supraturbochris

6. Smallshinyant

7. Mitchell9006

8. Dave17

9 Scottc998