The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel nuts x 10 PLEASE!

Jamesy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt roll the arches, I would get them shaved back. Rolling the arches can lead to a wavey pattern on the outside of the arch where the rolling equipment pushes the rivets out more than the bodywork.

I may have missed it in the thread, but why do you need spacers when the wheels are now fouling the arches?

I wouldnt roll the arches, I would get them shaved back. Rolling the arches can lead to a wavey pattern on the outside of the arch where the rolling equipment pushes the rivets out more than the bodywork.

I may have missed it in the thread, but why do you need spacers when the wheels are now fouling the arches?

I think he miscalculated the size and just went with what he thought was a good size.

Sounds like 10mm would have been fine :)

Thanx mate.

Funny u should say that when i got my skyline arches rolled i went one further and got them flared and the whole arch lookd like cr@p. Ended up getting overfenders!!

How do u mean by shaved? Is that like just cutting the lip away rather than rolling it back?

And no you didnt miss it in the thread i just wanted the wheels to be flush with the arch. It does look just how i wanted it now.

seen a few like trig whose are actually slightly wider than the arch - maybe they have mega hard coilovers for that look??!

Thanx mate.

Funny u should say that when i got my skyline arches rolled i went one further and got them flared and the whole arch lookd like cr@p. Ended up getting overfenders!!

How do u mean by shaved? Is that like just cutting the lip away rather than rolling it back?

And no you didnt miss it in the thread i just wanted the wheels to be flush with the arch. It does look just how i wanted it now.

seen a few like trig whose are actually slightly wider than the arch - maybe they have mega hard coilovers for that look??!

I could be wrong but I reckon those guys will have the inner arches shaved right back. Also, the tyres can be stretched onto the wheel. That means that the further up the tyre goes, the further into the arch it is.

I could be wrong but I reckon those guys will have the inner arches shaved right back. Also, the tyres can be stretched onto the wheel. That means that the further up the tyre goes, the further into the arch it is.

Yeah gotcha that gradient prob helps a fair bit.

However trigs one stick out quite a bit more than the arch so that must either rub or be rock solid.

So maybe i just have the inner lip cut off for now and see if that helps.

The pic is throwing you off. Its higher than you think, if you got a pic dead on it would show that there is a good inch between the tyre and the arch. Also, you can see that the tyres are stretched on like i said before :)

Yeah true mate - i spoke with him too and he had his arches rolled and has coilovers fitted ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.