The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supra T51 KAI BB

AshBhp

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work getting it finished. have you gone with uprated internals.you still using stock radiator too.

will be good to see it if you go to pod or dyno it.the gauges look good in the passenger airbag location.

Thanks

stock internals for now, as well as rad.

Booked for mapping next Tue, let see what 1.6 Bar (due to stock auto) brings, lol

• 5 months later...

Dumb ass mode on:

Now I presume a BL61 has a 61mm compressor wheel, and a BL67 has a 67mm version, but the 51 in T51R doesn't correlate to the Boost Logic numbers? Sorry, these turbo sizes and V bands have me way out of my depth....

Dumb ass mode on:

Now I presume a BL61 has a 61mm compressor wheel, and a BL67 has a 67mm version, but the 51 in T51R doesn't correlate to the Boost Logic numbers? Sorry, these turbo sizes and V bands have me way out of my depth....

the T51 is a big ass turbo and is way bigger than a T61,think the T51 is an equivalent to 74mm or 76mm depending on the model,there is a few different ones, the SPL version is the biggest.

Guest Terry S
I take it they are sard injectors with the rail.

Looks that way, but not the type you are thinking of Adam

There are two specs on the HKS T51 ( numbers are chosen to confuse IMHO) one is just over a 70mm wheel, the other around a 74mm.

Basically they are Garrett GT42R's rebaged.

Looks that way, but not the type you are thinking of Adam

There are two specs on the HKS T51 ( numbers are chosen to confuse IMHO) one is just over a 70mm wheel, the other around a 74mm.

Basically they are Garrett GT42R's rebaged.

GT42R's???

Mummy it hurts! :blink:

Guest Terry S
GT42R's???

Mummy it hurts! :blink:

OK LOL. Garrett do various size frames

GT28, 30, 32, 35, 37, 40, 42, 45, 47 the list goes on in I may have must some in between.

When it has an R after the number it is a Dual Ball bearing turbo

so a GT42R = GT ( GT series Turbo) 42 ( frame size) R ( Dual Ball Bearing)

added to that you have different trim and wheel sizes. ;)

HTH

Thank's for comments.:)

OK were do i start,

Got the auto-box to work properly with AEM.

So far at 1 Bar we got 485bhp :D above that we got bad miss fire. In came the HKS DLI and miss fire gone.

Just got the new 3800rpm torque converter, i need to fit TQ and see what 1.6 Bar brings. :cool:

Below a bit of info on turbo-

''While HKS does use Garret for their turbo assembly, the units are designed by a joint venture between the two firms.The difference with the HKS version and the Garrett version is the wheel combinations that HKS uses are proprietary to HKS, and cannot be ordered through Garrett directly, although you can often get close. This the same deal with GReddy/Trust turbos and Mitsubishi, Blitz and KKK, and Power Enterprise and Apex and IHI. While all must rely on the actual manufacturer of the turbo center sections for the general supply, the specs each offers are unique to that particular manufacturer.''

HKS T51R KAI -

COMPRESSOR:

-Wheel- 56 Trim - 70.3 Inducer / 94.0 Major

-Housing- 100 Inlet / 80 Outlet

TURBINE:

-Wheel- 76 Trim - 82.0 Major / 71.4 Exducer

-Housing- V-Band inlet / V-Band 115.5 mm outlet - 1.00 A/R

All i can say this is one bad ass turbo that sounds like a jet engine. :D

They are also very, very, light in weight ;)

Afennell, yes, Sard inj and rail.

Cheers

Ash