The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with newly purchased Supra TT

billy bhoy

hi again the printout before the neo was fitted reads 370 then after it the neo was fitted it reads 447bhp.

Is the 447hp and 370hp at the wheels or at the flywheel? I ask because 447hp at the flywheel would be around 370hp at the wheels after transmission losses. Was the Neo the only modification done to the car to make an additional 77hp? Were both runs at the same boost pressure?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:Pling:im sure dragonlady will reply to this one.i just got the car on saturday.it was her and ian that got the work done.think there was about 15 other owners there that day one of them mite beable to step in and answer that q!im sure when i spoke to ian on saturday he sayd it was at the wheels but mite have miss heard him!

Is the 447hp and 370hp at the wheels or at the flywheel? I ask because 447hp at the flywheel would be around 370hp at the wheels after transmission losses. Was the Neo the only modification done to the car to make an additional 77hp? Were both runs at the same boost pressure?

The 447 is at the flywheel and I know that this was the readout after the NEO was fitted.

I honestly cannot explain the 370 as several years have past and I am getting old so my memory is going. :(

As I have said in my earlier post I think that the car was generating over 400 at the dyno day and therefore the increase after NEO fitting was only 20 - 30 bhp.

I think that the 370 is on lower boost but without seeing the printout I can't remember.

Guest J35_T3R

The fact that my mate Billy types just like a 17 y/o ned would text, he probably comes across as some half-wit and your dying to put him down!

Quite right too!!!:nyah:

Anyways, I thought power read outs were the hunting ground for Saxo drivers with induction kits and not a bunch of grown up Supra owners?

The fact that my mate Billy types just like a 17 y/o ned would text, he probably comes across as some half-wit and your dying to put him down!

Quite right too!!!:nyah:

Anyways, I thought power read outs were the hunting ground for Saxo drivers with induction kits and not a bunch of grown up Supra owners?

oh its like that is it ya fa##y.in that case you can just take your mini to the meet on sunday...YES YOU ALL HEARD IT HEAR FIRST A MINI.hes a big poof with a big face and kicks a ball like someone thats no rite!!!!am on my way round to yours to smash your windows! get the supper on!!!

The-Old-Mini-mini-cooper-6977213-1779-1226.jpg

Edited by billy bhoy (see edit history)

Guest J35_T3R
oh its like that is it ya fa##y.in that case you can just take your mini to the meet on sunday...YES YOU ALL HEARD IT HEAR FIRST A MINI.hes a big poof with a big face and kicks a ball like someone thats no rite!!!!am on my way round to yours to smash your windows! get the supper on!!!

Listen, just because you bought a Supra to hide you inadequate's in the trouser department doesn't mean you take it out on me!

fair enough kill joyzzz!!!

Just a bit of frendly advice from one member to another but have a read back through your thread and just have a think of the impression you are giving.

I appreciate your defending your possition but there is only one important factor here and that is your obviously very happy with your purchase, and so you should be its an excellent example :D Perhaps in the future if it goes on a dyno with a new print out it could be discussed in sensible detail then??

fair enough kill joyzzz!!!

the technical section is for just that, properly technical discussion. This thread is not of that standard now and so will be moved to Suprachat which is for more general chit chat about Supras. If it then goes further downhill it ends up in Off Topic.

Just giving you a heads up on how these things work.

Guest J35_T3R
Just a bit of frendly advice from one member to another but have a read back through your thread and just have a think of the impression you are giving.

Like a 17 y/o ned!

I'm sure he'll learn his lesson not to leap in with 2 feet in the future!

I appreciate your defending your possition but there is only one important factor here and that is your obviously very happy with your purchase, and so you should be its an excellent example :D Perhaps in the future if it goes on a dyno with a new print out it could be discussed in sensible detail then??

i agree.i have little to no experience in dynos and what they do.after reading everyones posts its made me think before i open my trap!but at the end of the day i have a print out that reads 370 before 447 after so i just took that as true.never heard of dynos being "tweeked" before but as i sayd i have never seen a dyno in the flesh or know how it works..i do now tho!!!

i agree.i have little to no experience in dynos and what they do.after reading everyones posts its made me think before i open my trap!but at the end of the day i have a print out that reads 370 before 447 after so i just took that as true.never heard of dynos being "tweeked" before but as i sayd i have never seen a dyno in the flesh or know how it works..i do now tho!!!

Everyone is free to express an opinion, and in all honest you should take dyno printouts with a pinch of salt. I know thats car has a very storng engine as ive been up against it at the pod and behind it on the road.

As long as your happy thats all that matters.

Enjoy the car and take care of it :)

Martin, Im guessing you were refering to my post and not Billy's

:ban:

branners can we get this chump kicked he has no real car and i think hes a sex offender!!!

Im sorry to say Billy but with an attitude like that and posts like this I think you may find yourself being the one having issues with the moderators.

Martin, Im guessing you were refering to my post and not Billy's

Im sorry to say Billy but with an attitude like that and posts like this I think you may find yourself being the one having issues with the moderators.

dont pick up the wrong end of the stick jester is a friend.didnt mean to upset anyone sorry for going off topic im new!!