The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 2JZ-GTE Beema

mrgee2jz

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the full vid and must say brilliant video it is.

Did the car start leaning out at the top of th rev range or was that because the guy lifted the throttle?

Nice power band as well.

that was throttle lift off. the turbo was hitting it flow limit at that power

I have 1000cc injectors with full aeromotive pump, regulators ect. so we have no problems there. but even though the boost was dropping, the power was still going up. im really keen to see the difference with the new larger turbo;)

Edited by mrgee2jz (see edit history)

that was throttle lift off. the turbo was hitting it flow limit at that power

I have 1000cc injectors with full aeromotive pump, regulators ect. so we have no problems there. but even though the boost was dropping, the power was still going up. im really keen to see the difference with the new larger turbo;)

Thought so.

A slightly larger turbo should run more efficiently and create lower temps which should help the boost/power as well.

Brilliant project and keep us posted.

Great project, well executed from what I can see here. I like engine transplants, especially into relatively small and light shells. Any more detailed photos of this conversion please?

Ill try putting some more pics up in a bit. there are sooo many pics though. what ill do is maybe a step by step with a little comment on each one:)

I never thought that it was possible to fit such a heavy lump into a 3 series BMW and make it still handle well :shock:

This is a truly remarkable piece of craftsmanship

WOW :drool:

Thanks for the comments. I was originally going to go V12 twin turbo. but that would have been slightly heavy:blink:

So i went 2jz = more power + lighter.

Still behaves itself but can and will slide big time!;)

Handles very well indeed BUT you must be fully aware and awake to drive this thing, othrwise just stay in bed because you will wish you did after you drove it.

Ok ive added a load of pictures now but i will be here forever if i was to directly put them here so here's the link.

http://s761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/mrgee2jz/E30/?albumview=slideshow

and some pics of the 6 speed Single GT35R trial supra (current project)

http://s761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/mrgee2jz/Trial%20supra/?albumview=slideshow

An awesome project, I'm still scrolling through your pics but you have my admiration for the work that's been put into this. I've had 8 E30's over the year and am a big fan. Always loved the way they drove, but never liked the lack of power. I guess you've solved that little issue once and for all with this project :D

Guys how do i do this???

ive uploaded a load of photos onto photobucket but how do i mass copy the links here????

There's no easy way to add them directly to the forum unless using the slideshow (not optimal) option.

If you go to each picture in your photo albulm there is an window in the lower left pane named "IMG Code", click into this, copy/paste that here to get the image to appear.

When you reply it'll display like this:

[noparse]image[/noparse]

but when you post it'll display like this:

An awesome project, I'm still scrolling through your pics but you have my admiration for the work that's been put into this. I've had 8 E30's over the year and am a big fan. Always loved the way they drove, but never liked the lack of power. I guess you've solved that little issue once and for all with this project :D

There's no easy way to add them directly to the forum unless using the slideshow (not optimal) option.

If you go to each picture in your photo albulm there is an window in the lower left pane named "IMG Code", click into this, copy/paste that here to get the image to appear.

When you reply it'll display like this:

[noparse]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/mrgee2jz/E30/03Home.jpg[/noparse]

but when you post it'll display like this:

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/mrgee2jz/E30/03Home.jpg

Thanks mate, i would love to do that but i dont have the time or energy. but i may have solved it.

Funny you say that, i drove a 325i motorsport and it felt like the slowest car in the world!, but when i was 17 i crapped myself in my first 325 :shock:

I made links to the slideshow and you can click the images at the bottom of the page. looks pritty cool too:)

Thanks mate, i would love to do that but i dont have the time or energy. but i may have solved it.

Funny you say that, i drove a 325i motorsport and it felt like the slowest car in the world!, but when i was 17 i crapped myself in my first 325 :shock:

I made links to the slideshow and you can click the images at the bottom of the page. looks pritty cool too:)

No worries fella, It takes a lot of time to post up images in sequence on any forum.

My last E30 was a 325i Sport when I was 19 (13 years ago!), handled rather well and a hoot to drive (rebuilt the entire suspension with new parts, spent thousands on it, then sold it for next to nothing). Still, had no power at all which kind of killed off the E30 for me. Great when you're a young 'un but it's not so much fun on the roads these days, much moooar power needed :D

Are you planning on developing the car further beyond the larger turbo? What have you done/planning to do suspension wise to make it handle all those extra horses and different weight distribution?

No worries fella, It takes a lot of time to post up images in sequence on any forum.

My last E30 was a 325i Sport when I was 19 (13 years ago!), handled rather well and a hoot to drive (rebuilt the entire suspension with new parts, spent thousands on it, then sold it for next to nothing). Still, had no power at all which kind of killed off the E30 for me. Great when you're a young 'un but it's not so much fun on the roads these days, much moooar power needed :D

Are you planning on developing the car further beyond the larger turbo? What have you done/planning to do suspension wise to make it handle all those extra horses and different weight distribution?

I dont think i will, It has KW V3 coilovers for a Z3M installed and H&R anti roll bars. Handles really well, maybe racelogic is needed. but has soo much power that it will happily spin to 120mph, (without trying) thats with 285/30/18's installed at the rear. i want to get it corner weighted though. ive kept it as much as a normal car as possible. e.g. ice, and interior. i must dig up pictures of the fuel setup and boot ice install.