The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

If I come into some money soon I'll get a PS3 and GT5. I don't think it warrants getting a PS3 just for this at the mo' though :)

You really need to stop listening to the Xbox fan boi's.

Use a PS3 to anywhere near its potential and it blows the 360 away for me. I have both sitting right in front of me, for a few games I will most definitely switch on the xbox. For everything else (Movies, Music, Seasons, streaming live footy, GOW3, GT5 etc etc etc) it's over to the PS3. I have 2 of the blighters now and one hasn't even had a game played on it yet lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is my supra RZ ;)

Sorry i knocked the bumper far side so it looks a lil weird in place lol

As i said i havent tuned it at all just got it up to tip top condition..

But im impressed with the look of the super being that it came from GT4 (standard car)... But we may be getting a premium edition of it :D

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5896/highspeedring2.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7485/highspeedring30.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2139/highspeedring4.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2958/highspeedring5.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/547/highspeedring6.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2056/highspeedring7.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/86/highspeedring8n.jpg

And a taster of whats my garage, and theres lots more :p Only have 95 cars so far ;)

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9977/20101130006.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/606/20101130007.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3807/20101130008.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5159/20101130009.jpg

Great to see you al enjoying it :)

Use a PS3 to anywhere near its potential and it blows the 360 away for me. I have both sitting right in front of me, for a few games I will most definitely switch on the xbox. For everything else (Movies, Music, Seasons, streaming live footy, GOW3, GT5 etc etc etc) it's over to the PS3. I have 2 of the blighters now and one hasn't even had a game played on it yet lol.

Well I don't really play much. I play Foza and CoD when bored but nothing serious.

I'm needing to save up for my Supra and insurance so can't really warrant the £300 for a PS3 and GT5.

As I say though, if I come into some money then I might think about getting one. Or maybe if after the updates, GT5 becomes the best game ever then I'll reconsider.

Well I don't really play much. I play Foza and CoD when bored but nothing serious.

I'm needing to save up for my Supra and insurance so can't really warrant the £300 for a PS3 and GT5.

As I say though, if I come into some money then I might think about getting one. Or maybe if after the updates, GT5 becomes the best game ever then I'll reconsider.

Do what my mate did and sell the xbox and buy a PS3 and get cod for that aswell... U already saving £40 a year as PS3 online is well.... FREE! lol

He said he should have got rid the xbox ages ago now he is using a PS3.. If you dont play the console much the £40 a year is a total waste!!

You will agree once you have a PS3 and start using it....

Do what my mate did and sell the xbox and buy a PS3 and get cod for that aswell... U already saving £40 a year as PS3 online is well.... FREE! lol

He said he should have got rid the xbox ages ago now he is using a PS3.. If you dont play the console much the £40 a year is a total waste!!

You will agree once you have a PS3 and start using it....

That would be an option.

I do play pretty much every day but yeah I see what you're saying :)

Nice pictures of your Supra on GT5 btw :thumbs:

I think the used car selection is random on a daily basis. Seen some really nice things pop up, just wish I had the money for it all :D

Not just daily but hourly mate. check after every race series..

That would be an option.

I do play pretty much every day but yeah I see what you're saying :)

Nice pictures of your Supra on GT5 btw :thumbs:

Cheers bro :)

Take my word for it and scotts. You really wont look back, and you dont have to hear a plane taking off when playing on a PS3.

My mate that got Rid of the xbox had the new one coz he traded in his elite. And even though its "whisper quite" he said its still not as quiet as a PS3 lol..

That's interesting because I find the opposite is true. I have both consoles and to be honest, my PS3 is gathering dust. When it comes to online play, the 360 is in a completely different league. How the PS3 doesn't have proper voice chat, party chat and cross game chat, plus a proper streamlined interface for managing friend invites etc is beyond me. Then there's the whole fiasco of installing games then downloading updates THEN installing those updates- when it take you over 30-40mins to get a game running then personally I think its a joke especially when you consider that the 360 does the same in under 6 seconds. It's not just me who suffers from the latter problem before anyone says so.

The online environment is just so bleak and uninvolved compared to the PS3 and there actually is a noticeable skill gap in online games.

Ultimately, its each to their own and for me, online play is the key attraction and the PS3 is seriously lacking. I think its better for offline games; Uncharted, MGS, GOW, Killzone etc. But how many times can you play GOW3 over and over again?

The 360 is clearly more of a gaming machine than the PS3, the latter of which seems to be more of a multimedia hub for blu-ray movies, hdd add-ons, BBC iplayer etc. The 360 attracts more hardcore players (which can be a double-edged sword at times) and that's suits me better. It's a lot more social and involved online and that is what I personally prefer.

I don't want to start a console fan boy argument though lol. Everyone has their own preference but for me personally, the 360 is by far the better gaming console at present.

The 360 is clearly more of a gaming machine than the PS3, the latter of which seems to be more of a multimedia hub for blu-ray movies, hdd add-ons, BBC iplayer etc. The 360 attracts more hardcore players (which can be a double-edged sword at times) and that's suits me better. It's a lot more social and involved online and that is what I personally prefer.

I think what you mean is the PS3 is the proper gaming machine, and the 360 is a social networking machine :)

I also have both, the Xbox hardware (with the exception of Kinect) seems archaic compared to the PS3 stuff.

That's interesting because I find the opposite is true. I have both consoles and to be honest, my PS3 is gathering dust. When it comes to online play, the 360 is in a completely different league. How the PS3 doesn't have proper voice chat, party chat and cross game chat, plus a proper streamlined interface for managing friend invites etc is beyond me. Then there's the whole fiasco of installing games then downloading updates THEN installing those updates- when it take you over 30-40mins to get a game running then personally I think its a joke especially when you consider that the 360 does the same in under 6 seconds. It's not just me who suffers from the latter problem before anyone says so.

The online environment is just so bleak and uninvolved compared to the PS3 and there actually is a noticeable skill gap in online games.

Ultimately, its each to their own and for me, online play is the key attraction and the PS3 is seriously lacking. I think its better for offline games; Uncharted, MGS, GOW, Killzone etc. But how many times can you play GOW3 over and over again?

I don't want to start a console fan boy argument though lol. Everyone has their own preference but for me personally, the 360 is by far the better gaming console at present.

These reviewers seem to disagree

http://cnettv.cnet.com/xbox-360-slim-vs-sony-ps3-slim/9742-1_53-50092148.html

Most people i know that own both consoles sat the playstion for the win.... There in NO WAY the xbox could run the graphics of Gran Turismo, heavy rain and uncharted etc... WE got informous 2 and metal gear coming up.. amoung many others...

But lets keep it to GT... AHH wait its only on PS3 :D

How dare you come on here with your fancy well-reasoned, sensible, arguments.

Totally agree with you on most of the online front. I don't play online though. The only time I turn my Xbox on now is to play Forza 3 (And now that GT5 is out that'll probably not happen). I bought a gold membership too and have only used it a handfull of times. I still like to have the option though and the fact that the PS3 is free suits me down to the ground. It will be good to get involved with the guys on here in GT5, for example.

You have to look at your arguments for the Xbox being the better gaming machine though. Yes the updates on the PS3 are a bit of a pain... that doesn't affect gameplay though. The top titles are on both systems and the gameplay is the same, the PS3 only titles are far better than the Xbox only titles (With the exception of Forza which is a great game). As for the better players being on the Xbox that's just down to semantics. I haven't noticed any difference in skill level. There are just as many kids playing cannon fodder on the Xbox as there are on the PS3. You might notice a bit of a difference on COD as a lot of people don't have headsets for the PS3 so joint assaults will be less common place.

As has been stated, Xbox for Social networking and fancy online stuff. PS3 for media, the better of the games and no frills online stuff. Oh, just realised... with the xbox you can play your own music at any time with any game... fantastic feature that is very much lacking on the PS3.

What you will find in most cases is most people prefer the console that their friends have. I think I'm impartial there, I don't have any friends ;)

My brother had a playstation and I had an N64 when we were younger. When the PS2 came out I got that and thought it was great. About half way through high school all of my friends got the Xbox 360 and so I could play online with them and talk about the games, I got one too.

I think I mainly got a 360 because all my mates did and it wasn't until we left school that anyone I know got a PS3. By that time the money I had was all spent on beer so I didn't get one :)

As has been stated, Xbox for Social networking and fancy online stuff. PS3 for media, the better of the games and no frills online stuff.

This is, and always will be, a fanboy argument. In my opinion, the Xbox is the more complete system. I've always owned playstation, and it took tons of research and thought before I decided to go with Xbox but for me, it was absolutely the right decision. I bought a PS3 when Heavy Rain was released and that has only served to cement my initial decision. I don't think you can argue that the Xbox can't handle PS3 exclusives unless you have hard facts but the architecture of the 2 systems is completely different with multiple CPUs of the PS3 and single of the Xbox. With zune and sky integration, the Xbox is winning the media war at the moment as well for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the PS3, but it's so far behind the Xbox it will not recover before the next gens.

This is, and always will be, a fanboy argument. In my opinion, the Xbox is the more complete system. I've always owned playstation, and it took tons of research and thought before I decided to go with Xbox but for me, it was absolutely the right decision. I bought a PS3 when Heavy Rain was released and that has only served to cement my initial decision. I don't think you can argue that the Xbox can't handle PS3 exclusives unless you have hard facts but the architecture of the 2 systems is completely different with multiple CPUs of the PS3 and single of the Xbox. With zune and sky integration, the Xbox is winning the media war at the moment as well for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like the PS3, but it's so far behind the Xbox it will not recover before the next gens.

Are the games on the PS3 better than they are on the Xbox - Yes, %age gaming scores rate the PS3 titles higher. I admit to playing more games on the xbox than on the PS3, previously, but there was a reason for this :innocent:

Which is the most flexible media wise - PS3 - Bluray, multiple codecs out of the box, internet browser, youtube access, TV access, On Demand access, no restriction to transferring of personal media, easy HDD upgrade for media storage... etc etc etc.

How the hell is that a fanboy argument? I'm not a fanboy, I rarely play either console. I use my PS3 as a mediacenter 99% of the time, my other PS3 has been used SOLELY as a mediacenter. I am a very high end gadget freak so I can assure you, if the xbox was better with media I would be using 2 of them. You either have a very bias opinion based on preference or you don't know how to use the PS3 to anywhere near its potential.

Well, after only playing for 3 mins on the night of release due to my PS3 deciding to die, and after not being able to get it fixed I went out and bought another one yesterday. I've had a few hours on GT5 now and, although the actual gameplay is imense, to agree with some coments here the progression through the game is a little annoying. There doesn't seem to be much flow in the way the races can be done. As stated I'm finding myself waiting around to find a car in the "used car" section to try and complete the first page of races... I've got up to level 7 now, with about £100k but don't want to blow all my money on something that will only win me back £5k.

Well, after only playing for 3 mins on the night of release due to my PS3 deciding to die, and after not being able to get it fixed I went out and bought another one yesterday. I've had a few hours on GT5 now and, although the actual gameplay is imense, to agree with some coments here the progression through the game is a little annoying. There doesn't seem to be much flow in the way the races can be done. As stated I'm finding myself waiting around to find a car in the "used car" section to try and complete the first page of races... I've got up to level 7 now, with about £100k but don't want to blow all my money on something that will only win me back £5k.

Blow it :D

The special challenge with the merc on the nurburg gives around 35k credits for 2nd which is easily achievable so if you start running low on cash I just jump on that.

Same for doing 4 small rally stages. The payouts on the special invitations are excellent.

Totally agree with you on most of the online front. I don't play online though. The only time I turn my Xbox on now is to play Forza 3 (And now that GT5 is out that'll probably not happen). I bought a gold membership too and have only used it a handfull of times. I still like to have the option though and the fact that the PS3 is free suits me down to the ground. It will be good to get involved with the guys on here in GT5, for example.

You have to look at your arguments for the Xbox being the better gaming machine though. Yes the updates on the PS3 are a bit of a pain... that doesn't affect gameplay though. The top titles are on both systems and the gameplay is the same, the PS3 only titles are far better than the Xbox only titles (With the exception of Forza which is a great game). As for the better players being on the Xbox that's just down to semantics. I haven't noticed any difference in skill level. There are just as many kids playing cannon fodder on the Xbox as there are on the PS3. You might notice a bit of a difference on COD as a lot of people don't have headsets for the PS3 so joint assaults will be less common place.

As has been stated, Xbox for Social networking and fancy online stuff. PS3 for media, the better of the games and no frills online stuff. Oh, just realised... with the xbox you can play your own music at any time with any game... fantastic feature that is very much lacking on the PS3.

What you will find in most cases is most people prefer the console that their friends have. I think I'm impartial there, I don't have any friends ;)

Yeah like I said, in terms of online play and certain other areas, the 360 is much better but it all depends on your preferences I guess. My little brother is a huge Sony fanboy lol so we always debate about it but ultimately it always comes down to this: the Sony PS3 as a machine is better in terms of its raw specifications and also as a media device. It also attracts a very different type of gamer in my opinion for the most part. The vast majority of 'PS3 gamers' that are my friends are a cross between your more casual gamer and core gamer usually playing games like Pro Evo, Fifa etc more than anything else.

But Scott, honestly imo, there is a huge skill gap not just because of better communication on the 360. I have played SEVERAL games online on the PS3 such as COD4, MW2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2: the people just are very easy to play against regardless of their rank. Take BBFC2 for example, I just bought those games for both consoles recently and if even though I played the PS3 version first, my rank on the latter version is better. I can just survive 1v1 skirmishes so much easier because the players just dont have the reaction times or the skills to out-flank me etc. I remember playing COD MW2 on the PS3 all the time because I found it so easy (and I didn't even have Turtle Beach headphones for the PS3).

I was wondering this, how is an update to a game a negative :search:

Huh?? The game updates are on the 360 too. These are the same updates. The only difference is they can take over 30minutes on PS3 as opposed to under 6 seconds on the 360.

Even something as major as the NXE update where the whole user interface changed on the 360 took about 10 minutes (less time than an update for a PS3 game).

I think its because MS, from the outset, desgined their consoles with system memory allocated to the way the dashboard UI works (about 10MB RAM I think?) and it makes a huge difference.

The 360 it seems, was sculpted for gaming and this is evidenced by the way MS approached the controller design, the UI and online components etc. The PS3 pretty much had everything bunged it to it with no expenses spared. The thing is, I genuinely thought, after all this time, the PS3 would have improved on many of the areas that cause it problems because it has a built in HDD and the capabilities do it but these improvements haven't been forthcoming at all. The PS3 is definintely more future proof what with blu-ray and apparently, un-tapped potential of its processor.

Like I said, it all depends on what kind of gamer you are. The offline games are definitely better on the PS3 like Uncharted etc and that's primarily why I bought it (as well as a media hub for my videos etc. Online play for me though, is the major attraction and at the moment, there is no competition imo. Each to their own.

i have both so couldn't give a s**t!

xbox has better gaming and man sized pads, ps3 better media, and little bitch hand pads.. tit for tat, as i use pc for media kind of rules the advantage of the ps3, but i have more m8's online with ps3 so that gets used most atm..

back on topic....

Has anyone found a car to compete in historic on expert yet???