Advice... Think we have to sell supra and family car :(

TRACIE_LOU

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you get Mr T to work more overtime? lol

Sorry Tony, I know you work a lot of hours as it is! Can't you downsize the FRV and keep the Supe? Or work part time from home?

I sold mine for similar reasons and still regret it even though it was definately the right thing to do. In fact I may just get an NA to make myself feel better :D

Lol bless he has been doing sooooo much and its still a struggle, we are going to down size FRV but i think its still practical for me to give up the supra too.... I know i shall regret it, having 2 smaller blah blah cars but we all have to do these things occaisionally, and if it means at the end of the day we are better off then its the right choice...

SO come on who's gonna buy it:d

Matt, have you really spent £100k on the supra? I'm not taking the mick, it's a straight-up serious question. If so, where has the money gone (if you don't mind sharing with us)?

Tracie: if you need the money, then a sports car is an expensive luxury you can do without, as much as you love the car. Sometimes it just boils down to "What can I sell that would cause me the least amount of pain, emotionally and financially?"

Matt, have you really spent £100k on the supra?

from purchase, through to crashing it and rebuilding it. Most of the money has gone to cowboys that have done work that has needed to be re-done. Just don't tell the GF :D

I stand to get a lot back soon so happy days.

I made a decent amount of money doing this when I was 19.

Some example pics :)

to

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

With a Supe, we all love it in varying degrees but in ten years time would we still be driving the same car? How many of us have kept a car for more than 10 years for example? Not many I would wager, and it would be interesting to find out the average time for keeping a Supe. Many emotions are tied to a car, we feel that it brings something extra into our lives, it stir's emotions that some are unwilling to let go of. It is not the car but how the person feels inside, you need to reconcile that first, why do you feel sad if you are selling the Supe?

At the end of the day its just a metal box with wheels on, your family will be with you for a much longer time. Sell the cars and when your situation changes for the better get another Supe. Seemples!!

Edited by Max Headroom
grammar (see edit history)

Sell the cars and when your situation changes for the better get another Supe. Seemples!!

Yeah but I did that and now am thinking it won't be worth buying another Supe as they will all be 5-10 years older than when I had one, so it won't be faster than more executive cars anymore, it won't even be faster than hot hatches, and it won't be as luxurious and nice to drive as some hot hatches - it'll just be an old sports car that 'used' to be good. So I'll have to try and find a modern equivalent which so far I haven't been able to think of one! :(

Yeah but I did that and now am thinking it won't be worth buying another Supe as they will all be 5-10 years older than when I had one, so it won't be faster than more executive cars anymore, it won't even be faster than hot hatches, and it won't be as luxurious and nice to drive as some hot hatches - it'll just be an old sports car that 'used' to be good. So I'll have to try and find a modern equivalent which so far I haven't been able to think of one! :(

Conundrum of owning a Supra TT.

I don't think there's a need to feel sorry for people who love their cars. :rolleyes:

I have a small family, a house to run, bills to pay, and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrell at the end of every month. Sure I'd be better off financially without a supra, but I get huge enjoyment out of owning one, some people drink,some do drugs, some gamble, I have a supra, and I love it.

Pity me if you want, you only live once, and you're not here very long. You should enjoy it as much as you can while you're young enough to appreciate it.

Disclaimer - This is not to suggest that my supra gets put before my family. I'd sell it tomorrow in a heartbeat if I really really had too.

Exactly !!...here here [GRIN][/GRIN]

Kurt

Edited by supra geordie (see edit history)

True, I lost my Supe and went to a Volvo T5, absolutely loved it. I miss the Supe but I never thought I would have so much fun in a Volvo.

If you have tried to steer a 320bhp front wheel drive car round a corner, you will know what I mean by fun ;)

At the end of the day though its only a car!

sad to hear your parting with your car, its heart wrenching i know to part with something you hold dear, but as you know family comes first.

ive parted with some lovely motors over the years but in the in when youve worked yourself out of the whole your in even if you dont get a supra youll get a motor youll love.

On the cheapy family car front i know im gonna get shot for this but you cant go wrong with a Renault ie laguna,clio or the megane ive had em all and if you do need a larger car go for the megane scenic their comfy large safe and quick.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Sell the children? i have thought about!.. realistically who wants 13yr old with serious attitude ranging down to 19month old with a throw that can have you in tears hehe

Well quite, but if you enter into the market place with a nice low aggressive price point, I'm sure someone will come along. Yes, they'll be unsavoury and you'll never see your darlings again, but - it is a supra we're talking about isn't it?

I never knew you were into Property Development Matt?

He's not - this is actually the inside of his Supe. It's a masterpiece in many ways - a bit like a tardis.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I think alot of us that have to sell our cars always say we will get another one soon etc etc..... but do we?

Yup, I've seen several returnees pop up on the forums after a period of abscence. I myself was one of them.

I sold my old supe due to the wife getting preggers, I then bought a scooby STI thinking it would tick all the boxes that the supe did, but with the practicality......nope, sold it in three months. So bought an s2000, had it for a while longer, but I still found myself wanting that X factor that the supra has. So I bought another one. :D