The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit fed up

hogmaw

I'm going to disagree with the general consensus here...

I drive my Supra (non-"eco"!) as much as I possibly can and I don't ever feel I'm not appreciating her for it. I burnt nearly 200 quid's worth of V-Power in about 24hrs last weekend on a jolly to North Wales (Snowdonia - AWESOME roads!) and I loved every debt-inducing minute of it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly on uber-money, but I reckon it's worth every single penny for even just the thrill I still get after a year and a half of ownership that I get from sitting in the spaceship-esque wrap-around cockpit and hearing the engine roar into life.

"Warp speed... engage!"

And smile...

I only drive my 'Fun' car at weekends. I bought a Saab 93 diesel for work. My work commute amounts to only about 14 miles a day. I filled up on 10th August and I don't expect to fill it up again until October!! (Which means when I drive the 'vette, I can afford to DRIVE the 'vette!! :D )

If only I'd thought of that when I had the Supe!

Guest NaspSupra

Mine did about 430miles on a single tank driving from Bonn (Near the Nurburgring) to Southampton. Wasnt driving slow either...averaging 80/90mph. I was very impressed as cant remember my last two mk4's being that good.

I sold the GTR for the same reasons. I don't actually own a Car at the moment. I drive my Mrs VW Passat TDI which will cruise at 100 leptons all day and deliver 550miles out of 55 litres of derv and carry a small house in the back.

I seem to overtake Supras and Skylines all the time as the owners seem too scared to put their feet down due to either being to thirsty, fragile or an instant target for the unmarked police cars.

Other reasons were, being stuck in traffic with a heavy clutch, being on edge every time it was parked anywhere, worrying about it being stolen, vandalised, insurance pi55 take or breaking and costing me a fortune.

In the end I just never drove it and some twa7 managed to clout it while it was parked by my house :(

I've found car's like these, while ace fun to start with, tend to be novelties that wear a bit thin after a while.

Nod.

I've found car's like these, while ace fun to start with, tend to be novelties that wear a bit thin after a while.

Nod.

I was gettin sick of my Supra (god forgive me lol :p ) for a while casue i had no job to run it,seeing her sit outside doing noting, arrrghh!!! but now, :)employed and done with college its future is bright!!! :innocent:;)

my plans are rolling.... :sly: ...slowwwwly:p

Already got an LPG runaround for commuting, but there is no way I want to do a 500 mile trip in that shed when I am in it most days of the week!

The whole point of the supra is to have some fun but sometimes a point arises where the benefits don't add up.

Agreed the point is definately to have fun, but driving 500 miles in my Supra at crusing speeds is not what I call fun. Yes it's amazingly comfortable (albeit loud) but the fun only starts when putting your foot down! Although exagerated, fun comes occurs at 5 mpg and 1mm of lost tread per second!

In the Sup you could burn £50 in fuel cruising on the motorway somewhere for 250-300 miles or £50 in fuel & tyres etc and not get very far. The latter would definately get me more fun for my money!

A must I think though is to buy at least a half decent, comfortable run around, and put a decent stereo in it! 2.0 Turbo Diesel is about as slow as I could stand too! It would be insanely depressing being slower than the average saxo etc!

if you drive the supra properly its not that bad on fuel. i got 450miles filled up in wales total garage drove to blackpool and down to london essex and didn dip below 80mph. cats out and performance exhaust makes big difference. 28mpg.i could easily get 500 miles on a tank boring driving 56mph its so hard to drive the supra slow

I drive my Supra (non-"eco"!) as much as I possibly can and I don't ever feel I'm not appreciating her for it. I burnt nearly 200 quid's worth of V-Power in about 24hrs last weekend on a jolly to North Wales (Snowdonia - AWESOME roads!) and I loved every debt-inducing minute of it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly on uber-money, but I reckon it's worth every single penny for even just the thrill I still get after a year and a half of ownership that I get from sitting in the spaceship-esque wrap-around cockpit and hearing the engine roar into life.

"Warp speed... engage!"

And smile...

Yep gotta agree with you here buddy, work hard all week , you gotta play sometime even tho it does cost a bit.

Life is too short as are the weekends!

if you drive the supra properly its not that bad on fuel. i got 450miles filled up in wales total garage drove to blackpool and down to london essex and didn dip below 80mph. cats out and performance exhaust makes big difference. 28mpg.i could easily get 500 miles on a tank boring driving 56mph its so hard to drive the supra slow

Umm...I suppose driving the supra in a frugal fashion is not really driving it properly - but I take your point, just. :)

"Warp speed... engage!"

And smile...

And George1200, do you do £200 every weekend? And if not, why not?

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I burnt nearly 200 quid's worth of V-Power in about 24hrs last weekend on a jolly to North Wales (Snowdonia - AWESOME roads!) and I loved every debt-inducing minute of it!

I've driven through Snowdonia a couple of times in my runaround and every time I've wished I was in my Supra :(

Same goes for the roads around Brecon Beacons!

... Hey! Why on earth haven't I taken my Supra to Wales before??!

**runs and grabs keys**