The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11/9 on Channel 4 - 102 Minutes That Changed America

michael

I'm sure the conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this program...

There was no narration, nobody was telling a story or forcing opinion, it's just footage (amateur and professional) against a clock with the people who were there doing the talking. I think it's that aspect of it that made it more poignant. There wasn't much scope for a conspiracy theory with this one but no doubt they will be churning out the stories like they do every year.

There was no narration, nobody was telling a story or forcing opinion, it's just footage (amateur and professional) against a clock with the people who were there doing the talking. I think it's that aspect of it that made it more poignant. There wasn't much scope for a conspiracy theory with this one but no doubt they will be churning out the stories like they do every year.

Ah ok, probably worth watching then in that case, cheers Michael.

biggest conspiracy EVER! not much was said about the 3rd building that went that wasnt touched by a plane! and the fact that its takes 4600 degrees for that metal to bend and a fire with jet fuel can maxuim burn at 1200 degrees which mean explosives went off!

If america own affganistan they will be the richest most unstopable country!!

There's never any time for respect on here, it's all conspiracy theories and jokes.

How about the people that didn't decide to be there that day, the ones that just went to work and had to decide to jump out of a burning building.

Lets just take a moment for them, eh?

*disclaimer - I know lots of horrible things happen all over the world every day but this isn't about that*

Personly i think there has been plenty of "moments" been taken over the years. it was a long time ago now. Time we moved on imo. Never forget it. but time to just get on with it. if people dwell on things like this all the time then you cant live your life properly. There has been a great many more people killed in various different ways over the years. and nobody takes a moment for them every year when it comes arround and they get far less tv coverage each year.

Huricane catrina

Fatalities 1,836 confirmed, 705 missing

Damage $90.9 billion (2009 USD)

2004 Indian Ocean earthquake

Casualties: 229,866

made homeless ~1.69 million

How often do people stop arround the world every year for those disasters? not as many. 9/11 pales in comparison tbh. And im not even going to mention the world wars. They tend to be remembered more :p

9/11

Death(s) 2,974 died and another 24 remain listed as missing.

Injured 6,291+

Clean up and stabilization of the WTC site - $9.0 billion; Repairing and replacing damaged infrastructure - $9.0 billion; Rebuilding the World Trade Center as smaller buildings - $6.7 billion; Repairing and restoring other damaged buildings - $5.3 billion; Lost rent of the destroyed buildings - $1.75 billion."

In New York City, about 430,000 job-months and $2.8 billion in wages were lost in the three months following the 9/11 attacks.

You're comparing natural disasters to the work of humans against other humans, the programme in question wasn't created to discuss numbers, costs or force opinions, much like this thread. It was just a collection of clips from the day that gave an insight into things without trying to steer you down a particular route. Nobody was blamed, at that point nobody really knew what was going on.

There are quite a few conspiracy threads on here already, bump one of those if you want to discuss things of that nature. The effects of 11/9 reached out further than a lot of people think.

You're comparing natural disasters to the work of humans against other humans, the programme in question wasn't created to discuss numbers, costs or force opinions, much like this thread. It was just a collection of clips from the day that gave an insight into things without trying to steer you down a particular route. Nobody was blamed, at that point nobody really knew what was going on.

There are quite a few conspiracy threads on here already, bump one of those if you want to discuss things of that nature. The effects of 11/9 reached out further than a lot of people think.

sorry michael i wasnt replying to the program in particular. i was replying to charlottes post. should have quoted it :p

Anyway this is way to hardcore a conversation for monday night/tueesday morning :p

Any loss of life is a tradgedy, in this lifetime it seems only a few people understand how precious life is and the rest seem to want to take it away. A prayer goes out to all those that lost there life in 9/11 and to the families serving a life sentence without there loved ones. People should take a second to remember life is not a game, there are NO continues !!!!!!!!:amen:

Got it on the C4 player now, I'm not a dramatic person but each time I see the 2nd plane hitting the 2nd tower I still can't believe it...

Ignoring all of the conspiracy theorists, (Well, including them actually), the terrorists got exactly what they wanted with it, scaring the cr@p out of loads of people, and sending a 'message' (I guess?) - It certainly will be a day I won't forget at all...

A very sad day for us all, i still remember it well, and the footage highlights the real awful nature of the event. The sad thing is it has never had a proper investigation, many facts have been ommited from the published one, and nist has completely been discreddited on many aresa of its own reporting.

There needs to be a proper indepth investigation so the families can have closure

biggest conspiracy EVER! not much was said about the 3rd building that went that wasnt touched by a plane! and the fact that its takes 4600 degrees for that metal to bend and a fire with jet fuel can maxuim burn at 1200 degrees which mean explosives went off!

If america own affganistan they will be the richest most unstopable country!!

The pro-conspiracy people in this debate really do not have a leg to stand on IMO.

The C4 program was made to give the shock value along with 'whats going on' type of feeling.

Some of the footage is very impacting and impressive in terms of what they actually captured.

Although some 9/11 programs go along the path of making the USA seem like heros and the whole world grieves for their loss...but in reality this couldn't be further from the trueth of what happened.

Many countries around the world were cheering when the towers fell down, much like the USA and some western countries were cheering when footage of laser guided bombs fly through the windows of Iraqi targets for example.

Got it on the C4 player now, I'm not a dramatic person but each time I see the 2nd plane hitting the 2nd tower I still can't believe it...

Ignoring all of the conspiracy theorists, (Well, including them actually), the terrorists got exactly what they wanted with it, scaring the cr@p out of loads of people, and sending a 'message' (I guess?) - It certainly will be a day I won't forget at all...

That's the gist of the Penn & Teller show. Every day that site remains empty is another victory for terrorism. I actually kinda like the empty square plazas concept, architectually speaking and that one with the twin shafts of light too, but I do think they are right, just build two modern but identical looking towers and say "F*** you" to those who caused and backed the attacks.

An excellant programme, for want of a better word. Very frightening. Almost like a low budget disaster movie at times. I was watching, obviously knowing what was coming, and just fealt really scarred for those at the foot of the buildings filming them.

I saw it live that day, not long after the 2nd plane hit. Still cant really get my head around what I saw, very surreal (sp?) but that last night made it feel more real than ever. Truely awful.