White or Black

T2 MSW

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a set of BK's in shadow chrome. It can't be painted, its a chroming process.

Shadow chrome

http://home.exetel.com.au/users/steve/4sale/cars/supra/19_impul_001.JPG

The effect can be processed though. Ive been told its a 2/3 step painting process.

Ahh yeah, the rim should be fine. Sorry i didn't read close enough, i was assuming it was the spokes.

Yeah realized you had missed that bit mate :D cant actually believe how much clearence there is to the back of the spokes - actually more than with my 19's

How does that work then, I didn't think the caliper assembly moved independantly of the wheel?

I only say, because my UK brakes are incredibly close to my new Rotas on the inner face of the wheel.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/29072009316.jpg

I would be a little bit worried with that to be honest. To be fair it shouldn't cause any major damage. You would just notice a sort of judder as the spokes hit your caliper.

Not good in any case.

Owww I like that!!! I think the shadow look would be great on yours bud! :cool:

Oooo if you go for it will you let me know so that i don't miss the thread. I would like to see how it turns out as my BK's could be doing with a refurb :)

Thanks

Think its a given thats the colour im going for really. White will just be a nightmare to keep clean.

Ill update the thread and PM you scott when I do. Perhaps Ibrar has some more information?!

All those pics were with the disks on but no calipers. We had the calipers on yesterday and the clearance to the back of the spokes is massive. Its the clearence from the calliper to the outside of the rim :) its less than 1/4 inch top and bottom but just have to be careful where I put the weights when they are ballanced.

gonna have to staticly balance them on the back edge to be safe and also keeps the weights out of view :)

I have a set of BK's in shadow chrome. It can't be painted, its a chroming process.

Shadow chrome

http://home.exetel.com.au/users/steve/4sale/cars/supra/19_impul_001.JPG

Shadow chrome is a painted finish and not a chroming process.

I say go with metallic bronze, I personally think shadow chrome makes the wheel look smaller than what it is.

gonna have to staticly balance them on the back edge to be safe and also keeps the weights out of view :)

Yeah will worry about that when I need to get them ballanced.

I say go with metallic bronze, I personally think shadow chrome makes the wheel look smaller than what it is.

Ive seen a few pics of the bronze and it just does not do it for me. Suppose if people with photoshop skills are feeling handy we could get some options :innocent:

Really? I thought it was chrome then tinted lacquer or something. Mine certainly don't look like paint.

Oh well, learn something new every day :)

Think its a given thats the colour im going for really. White will just be a nightmare to keep clean.

Ill update the thread and PM you scott when I do. Perhaps Ibrar has some more information?!

That would be great. Just want to see the finished results really. The wheels are sitting gathering dust at the moment :)

:D Looking good Mike still think you should leave my 16" standard wheels on and give me your brakes instead lol :innocent:

Yes Shadow Chrome ;) or maybe Yellow canary yellow lol :p

cheers

-Ian-

They are doing a great job of keeping the car off the floor :thumbs:

Between you and Martin im going to have to get these brakes back on the car ASAP with locking nuts on and hide the key :D

I think white suits those wheels better. Always bene a fan of white wheels on black cars. Black wheels tend to make the tyres look brown/grey which lets the car down IMO, unless you clean the tyres a lot and make sure they're ALWSYS shiney and clean!

I say keep 'em white!

I like the Black look ;) my BK's only just clear the calipers on the inner rim and rear of the spokes. The've never touched when cornering, braking or any other time when driving.

But when i change the wheels (which feels like before everytime i go out in the car) i've knocked the caliper :(

I didn't get any spigot rings when i received my Rota's but a quick phone call and some came by post the next day and they were free ;)

A problem i have is the clearance around the wheels nuts, i have to use and thin wall extended socket and i've still managed to mark the wheels :blink:

Here's a picture of mine in Black

I don't want to thread hijack, but regarding the caliper distance from the wheel, seems loads of people on here run with minute clearances with no issues. I was about to start my own thread asking people what their clearance is as it started to worry me a bit, plus, I really don't want to be running spacers.

And I stumbled across this.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161551