The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car control and driftday at Oulton Sept 26th

Steve H

It’s been a couple of months since Trackaction-Online last went drifting at Oulton so we felt the need for a bit more sideways playing!

We’re back on the drift courses again on Saturday Sept 26th and as usual, club discounts are available if you’d like to come along.

For anyone that hasn’t seen the two drift courses at Oulton, they look like this –

And this is what we do on them –

The surface is a special low friction tarmac that will give virtually zero tyre wear and is great for practicing drifting and car control and we always limit the numbers to ensure that everyone gets plenty of tracktime. Pretty well any rear wheel drive (and most sporty 4wd) car can drift on here and with the free instruction that we always have available on the day you can be sure that you’ll be drifting like a pro in no time!

Normal rate for the day is £140 but club members can come along for just £120, passengers are welcome to sign in for £10 and extra drivers for £35. Please shout up on this thread if you’d like to come and I’ll send you the booking details and discount code.

Hope a few of you can make it.

Steve H

TA-OL

Guest Budz86

Always wanted to have a go at this, but didn't want to learn on pubilc roads! So 2 things here Steve...

I know an LSD is recomended, but is it required? I have an NA with no LSD so just wondering how easy it will be to get the hang of?

Also, I know you say low friction so virtually no tyre wear, but how quick will I go through a set of rears? And is there faciltites to change tyres on-site?

Thanks

You won't need to change tyres, typical max is 1mm wear over the day. I know it sounds too good to be true but that's how it works!

LSD is obviously better as it makes it easier to sustain a slide but you will be getting the tail out either way and getting plenty of practice.

The noise testing is done at 3/4 revs static from 1m at a 45degree angle. If tested they are strict but so far we have never had cars noise tested for a drift event.

We will probably be running another one towards the end of the year details to be psted when we have them.