The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Norfolk supra owners help needed! URGENT

dan1985

Im sure that is the NA-T turbofit car, i remember the wheels.

I'm sure I saw that car on pistonheads when I was looking for a GZ aero, as it was black and an aerotop and near me (norfolk), and of course I remember those wheels well.

I think someone posted it up on here and it turned out it was a NA-T not a TT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I saw that car on pistonheads when I was looking for a GZ aero, as it was black and an aerotop and near me (norfolk), and of course I remember those wheels well.

I think someone posted it up on here and it turned out it was a NA-T not a TT

Well from the description of the engine from dan, his dad and his girlfriend we are 90% positive it isnt an N/A-T but we will have a good look around tomorrow and then we will find out.

Plus put all the pics on here

Well from the description of the engine from dan, his dad and his girlfriend we are 90% positive it isnt an N/A-T but we will have a good look around tomorrow and then we will find out.

Plus put all the pics on here

Well it'll be interesting to find out if it's a TT and not the NA-T, unless this is another black aero floating around Norfolk with the same wheels :)

Well it'll be interesting to find out if it's a TT and not the NA-T, unless this is another black aero floating around Norfolk with the same wheels :)

Well i know 2 black aero's around Bury st edmunds but they only see the light of day during the summer.

Well hopefully tomorrow will go smooth for dan and that its the car thats as advertised and is what he wants

Hi everyone, seriously tempted by a supra near to me but a few things have been brought to my attention that could mean i have to stay well away from the car.... unfortunatly i dont know enough about these cars myself to know whats good and not...

im asking for someone to come with me, give the car a good going over, and offer any of there experience and knowledge on the car.

the car is located between brandon and kings lynn at a local traders garage.

thanks

I went and had a look at the silver one there and to be honest it was over priced and knackered, skirts are cracked, scratches all over it. Black one didnt seem in too bad shape, but didnt have a proper look round it.

its sold as i put a deposit on it mate.

as ive been saying to the guys today, i dont mind it being a turbo fit car as long as the base is ok, i can always build up and improve, i just want a good base, as long as it dont blow up il be happy. i like the car and from what i heard today from the lads it could well be a good one!

its down to getting greasy tomorrow that counts.

im outta posts now... :( need to do my membership.. cant get hold of homer.... need to do it without paypal as we aint bed friends....

thanks for putting up the pics mate, il text u in a bit about tomorrow.

if anyone can put up details of getting membership without paypal id be chuffed. if not homer as ive heard hes the guy for the job....

thanks everyone!

Have you checked this car out or just put a deposit on something you have seen through a showroom window?

its sold as i put a deposit on it mate.

as ive been saying to the guys today, i dont mind it being a turbo fit car as long as the base is ok, i can always build up and improve, i just want a good base, as long as it dont blow up il be happy. i like the car and from what i heard today from the lads it could well be a good one!

its down to getting greasy tomorrow that counts.

im outta posts now... :( need to do my membership.. cant get hold of homer.... need to do it without paypal as we aint bed friends....

thanks for putting up the pics mate, il text u in a bit about tomorrow.

if anyone can put up details of getting membership without paypal id be chuffed. if not homer as ive heard hes the guy for the job....

thanks everyone!

Vin plate decoder on this thread mate.......

VIN Plate decoder

Good luck hope it's a good one dont forget to check for LSD on the vin plate at the botom will look somthing like.........

TRANS/AXLE V160 A02B

V160 will be a 6spd manual and the important part of the next bunch of leters and numbers is the B this is for LSD.

If it is a swap you'll need to know what sort of diff it's running and rember this is about £600-£700 to have changed with 2nd hand parts.

If in any doubt post lots of pictures up on here and folks will help you out. ;)

Don't forget to get a picture of the vin plate if you cant open the thread or excel format.

Vin plate decoder on this thread mate.......

VIN Plate decoder

Good luck hope it's a good one dont forget to check for LSD on the vin plate at the botom will look somthing like.........

TRANS/AXLE V160 A02B

V160 will be a 6spd manual and the important part of the next bunch of leters and numbers is the B this is for LSD.

If it is a swap you'll need to know what sort of diff it's running and rember this is about £600-£700 to have changed with 2nd hand parts.

If in any doubt post lots of pictures up on here and folks will help you out. ;)

Don't forget to get a picture of the vin plate if you cant open the thread or excel format.

Cheers for finding that, ill take it with me

What time you guys going to see this? I'm only half hour from here. If I have time I might pop and say hello. I'm affraid I don't know much about the N/a's though.

Were are going to look at this in a bout 40 mins, ill be setting off in a min, dan is on his way down there now

well its an na-t and its got turbo fit all over it.

Havnt been able too cheak what gearbox it is yet but its a 5 speed or check the diff.

It def needs some paintwork doing.but the guy cant give us the paperwork untill the finance is sorted.

Have got lots of pics.will put up once i get on my computer as im on my mobile at the moment.

What are your thoughts at this stage?

Im thinking to walk away.

well its an na-t and its got turbo fit all over it.

Havnt been able too cheak what gearbox it is yet but its a 5 speed or check the diff.

It def needs some paintwork doing.but the guy cant give us the paperwork untill the finance is sorted.

Have got lots of pics.will put up once i get on my computer as im on my mobile at the moment.

What are your thoughts at this stage?

Im thinking to walk away.

With you all the way bud posible at 6k only.

There is a good red gz down south ATM for about 8.5k

I'll post a link when I get home tonight.

Edited by JohnHandy (see edit history)

I would think walking away would be the sensible thing to do.

If finance is the problem, could you get a car loan? At least then you could have a choice of known, privately owned supras from here.

As said earlier you could probably pick up a reasonable TT for the money your looking to spend.

i didnt think it would be very good because like i said before the silver one was knackered and most of the other cars he has didnt look to great either.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-TOYOTA-SUPRA-GZ-AERO-SILVER_W0QQitemZ200373772316QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2ea735201c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

have a look at this ones specks and you'll notice some diference!

:blink: