The mkiv Supra Owners Club

guide:- how to paint your dash or any other part!

adnanshah247

Thanks, Dave, get the message :p

If we can put j-spec lights in the oven, why not dash panels :search:

Has this been tried with disastrous consequences :D

I don't think you could get the oven cold enough. IYKWIM. A heated garage or room would be plenty. You just need a constant temp without moisture;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Guest mcphil199

Left the dash to the spray shop about a week ago and the guys arsen about..... after readin this tonight im headin for Halfords in the mornin and gettin the slieves rolled up tomorrow! A quick question tho........... if im after a white finish, is it ok to lacquer straight on top of the primer or would i be safer getting some kind of white paint?? That question may sound a tad daft to those experts but im a complete novice, the only thing i know about sprayin is what ive read in the past few pages lol!

hey dude, havent seen this thread of mine in ages! lol

well you should get a white paint as well to spray over the primer. the primer i used was cream. after you sprayed the paint cover it in clear coat. what ever you do make sure you take a lot of time and take care in the prep work. anyone can slap on paint but its not easy to get a perfect finish. all depends on the work you put in the first stages.

Guest mcphil199

Ok so went and got balls deep this mornin in all that Halfords had to offer...... 2 500ml cans of white primer a pack of 800 and a pack of 1200 wet and dry. Had previously took all the gummy stuff of all the panals so was basicly straight into a quick look over it all and attempt to spray it. I've done all the dash panals, ash tray, driver and passenger window controls. The first coat basicly took the first can. Gona leave it tonight and then when i get a chance tomorrow start to rub it down and await the outcome. Fingers crossed!