The mkiv Supra Owners Club

El-Glo group buy No. 3

supra steveo

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having a look at the wiring for the inverter. Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to power it like the way my speed converter is powered on the other side?

There are connectors similar to this on the other side of the dials

Might be handier than soldering onto plastic bits!

for the guys who have gone reverse glo try this, remove the green condom jobbies off the 4 bulbs that are in the back of the cluster so they will all light up white , then take not of the positive and negative lines mark them up if needed and tap in to them with the invertor all you will need to do is scratch off the green stuff and you will have the metal strip that you can solder onto just like the bulb terminals

another thing you can try with the bulbs is go on ebay and buy some super white LEDs like the side light fitment and a see how they work

why not just PM me your address now mate , then if its any different then i will be up to date reason i say this the pc with the address on is in my room with my little boy and he is asleep

sorry, just seen this, I can't use the PM function at work, its blocked for some unknown reason and I would have forgotten when I got home.

Cheers!

I think I got mine a few days ago! Just noticed them in my room! :D

Right, anyone local this weekend who can fit these for me?

I am pretty rubbish at doing things like this & would ideally want someone to has a bit of an idea to do it. Also sorting out all my wedding stuff so have hardly any time to do it & I wouldn't want to do it in a rush.

Thanks again Steve for all the time & effort getting these out for us! :thumbs:

I got the led's from ebay, 10 x 13000mcd led's and 10 x 470 ohm resistors for £2.19. The fuel/temp was'nt too bad to be honest, just enough room to fit a 5mm led with some room to spare.

I just pointed the led's at the clear plastic just inside the bulb holes, 1x in the fuel/temp and 1x at the other end for the rpm then i put 2 led's in both the larger bulb holes in the centre of the cluster :)

Go reverse el-glo Steve, you know you wanna ;)

Soldered straight onto the circuit board, i was going to use the bulb holders but seen as i was soldering the el-glo wires to the board anyway i though i might as well carry on with the led's.

Also found it easier to line the led's up like this, its a bit of a crude method compared to using the bulb holders but it works :)

i did that before the el-glo dials, did you take any pics

Sorry mate did'nt take any pics, did'nt think to. To be honest there was'nt alot to see anyway, couple of solder joints and the arse end of an led in a hole or 2 lol.

If i have to take the dash apart at some point again i'll take a pic or 2 :)

Right, I would like to say a massive thank you to Steve! I told him I am rubbish with things like this & wasn't too keen on giving this a go as I thought I would *ock it up. He kindly gave me his number & gave me some confidence! (Thanks dude) Anyway I did manage to *ock it up a little but other than that it was really easy to do! An like I told Steve if I can do it...have confidence that anyone in the club can do it!

In total took around 1 hour without my mess up, an that was me taking my time to do it properly.

Here is a picture of the small amount of soldering which needs to be done:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/329/solder.png

This is the bit on the rev part that came off (due to me pushing to hard on the cable & bending it). Though 10 minutes later I had it soldered back together again :D

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1200/splitc.png

Now the end result :D

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9019/bluetl.png

I only have one small issue which I am hoping someone can answer. The speedo does now not tally up as the new dials are different to the old ones, its roughly 10 mph out. Do you know if I can get my speedo recalibrated? Do I need to go to a MOT centre or someone can recommend a place in the London area?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.