Fairmile pub, eve' car meet & BBQ.1.8.09

Mr T

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm about 10 miles due south of it and its fine but overcast here at present............but realise it may be on its way, from you Bristol, wiltshire people, to us.......

Yes, been raining here all morning:(

Going to call Andy to see if he thinks all is going on.

Hope the weather wasn't too bad for you guys, it's been terrible here!

Was really late finishing Rob's injector swap and changing a stubborn ARB link, so by 7 was feeling too lazy to go :(

Hopefully catch you all at Pod next week instead :thumbs:

4th gear 120mph burnout right outside the pub entrance, serious amounts of smoke, the wife just went potty at me, says i stink of burning rubber:search::D

Shame a few more did not make it last night as the rain had stopped by 7pm and it would of made it a larger gathering. but our club was not the only club that decided to stay in doors as the turn out was much less this year.(great british summertime for you!:()

But I must thank JamieP for coming:), and brightening everyone's evenning up by putting on another outstanding display, this time infront of the guests at the pub entrance!

Pictures are in order as the smoke cleared. Notice the car doors open in one shot as Jamie and passenger had to jump out afterwards

to escape all the smoke that had built up inside the car,(very funny for those watching):D Also see the remains of Jamie's tyre's which he left smoldering for 5mins afterwards on the tarmac.

thanks for those who made it and here are the pics for those who couldn't. (sorry no vid mate)

Photo286 (Small).jpg

Photo287 (Small).jpg

Photo288 (Small).jpg

Photo289 (Small).jpg

Photo291 (Small).jpg

As it turned out - great evening :)

As Andy said, once the light rain stopped, it turned into a quite nice last evening.

The six Supra's looked nice and was more than most clubs could manage (in fact most clubs didn't turn up at all) and they did get a steady stream of admirers.

JamieP entertained us with his thrilling tales (some documented on youtube) of daring-do's and the best burnout I have ever seen :D

People were taking photo's of the smouldering remains a good ten minutes after he had left !

Thanks again all, see you next week :D

G