The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I know Im gonna get flamed but I like it...

jihwaan

Nope Pre-facelift have the sidelight built into the headlight itself. It sits between the foglight and the dipped beam. On the facelift they took it out as they decided to put the sidelight in with the indicator.

Sorry, I meant this part...

Facelifts can also go yellow too due to being plastic.

HTH

I thought it was pre-facelifts that go yellow? If facelift's do as well, I really could not be bothered in getting the "upgrade". Needs to be glass, surely?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure they're made of plastic also. But..I do agree that the j-spec lights yellow faster. I have heard of some people replacing their facelift lenses with the UK glass ones.

Think they put them in the oven etc.

Pre-facelift = Silver backing

Facelift = Black backing

That's the biggest difference.

So basically, I could paint the backing of my pre-facelift lights black and they'd almost be there?

I think HID was the best mod to my lights and I'll leave it at that.

As for the clear indicators - sound great. There's no way they'll fit on my car but they do look nice.

So basically, I could paint the backing of my pre-facelift lights black and they'd almost be there?

I think HID was the best mod to my lights and I'll leave it at that.

As for the clear indicators - sound great. There's no way they'll fit on my car but they do look nice.

The clear indicators do fit, I have seen them on many VS kitted supes and the biggest improvements on lights would be the uk spec glass headlights to lose the faded plastic and then you would get the best from your HID upgrade.

att pic is facelift indicators and headlights

Supra_sized.jpg

Edited by kslb (see edit history)

The clear indicators do fit, I have seen them on many VS kitted supes and the biggest improvements on lights would be the uk spec glass headlights to lose the faded plastic and then you would get the best from your HID upgrade.

The indicators wont fit my bumper :)

It doesn't fit that well but I might change them [indicators] if I go back to stock.

The indicators wont fit my bumper :)

It doesn't fit that well but I might change them [indicators] if I go back to stock.

If it is a VS front they will fit it just needs some minor work but not difficult.

Pic again!

Supra_sized.jpg

I can't stand the kit :) That doesn't matter though; it's your car!

If it is a VS front they will fit it just needs some minor work but not difficult.

:)

My car:

http://idisk.me.com/martinirwin/Public/Pictures/Skitch/REGISTRATION-20090721-132413.jpg

stock bumper required or something slightly more balanced! :ok:

Yup! Plan is to go stock one day either through boredom or smashing my Top Secret one to pieces.

Fine with orange indicators to be honest... I don't see what the fuss is all about!

Where's your car M_Life? I don't see many Supras in Manchester...

I was always under the impression that Carbon fibre was supposed to be painted (correct me if I'm wrong) and that people didn't paint it just to show that they had a piece of Carbon Fibre?

yeah your probably right mate, i just thought if u had spent the money on one youd keep it looking cf, dunno lol i dont have one.

to the original poster

im from Brisbane mate but i live in the uk...

meh knows, probly in a MILLION pieces being sold over ebay :shrug:

only other 2 round here are a red tt6 up the road and my mates white tt auto

Where's "round here". Central Manchester? I've seen a white one before, near the uni.

Go stock with a CF Wings West lip.

I prefer the active spoiler to the lips usually.

Where's "round here". Central Manchester? I've seen a white one before, near the uni.

I prefer the active spoiler to the lips usually.

i would be refering to where i am in royton, theres dazza who lives over in bolton and add heywood in leigh, there the most local ones i know of oh and then there paul who lives over in pie eating land :D

i would be refering to where i am in royton, theres dazza who lives over in bolton and add heywood in leigh, there the most local ones i know of oh and then there paul who lives over in pie eating land :D

Cool cool. I'm right in the centre. Probably why I dont see many!

I've never actually seen a Veilside Supra in the flesh, only in photos.

Regarding the CF bonnet - I would have mine painted too if I had one.

wow you realy do live smack bam in the centre! i drive past there alot, funny ive never seen it :shrug: there is also a chinese lad whos got an rsp somewhere round there.. see him all the time

I've only had her about a month and don't drive around Manchester much. I mainly use her for the M62 run to see my girlfriend.

I'm parked underneath the apartment block so you can't even see her from the street!

I do plan on attending the odd meet and shoud be going to Suprapod too!

damn, I thought the general consensus on this forum was anti-veilside... :D

It is..

Just seems the they have finally grown up enough to not rudely slate another members pride and joy.

Or being cynical maybe its because there is an ace cafe meet tonight they are too scared to post their rude feelings being keyboard warriors, as people will be able to meet them face to face. :innocent:

Ask again next week and I bet the responses will be different :D

That said,.. nice car. I'd prefer a bomex bumper for that agressive looking supe myself :)