The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 09 - come on folks

Branners

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you need a helmet in a BPU car? I have no idea if the terminal speed will be over 110mph.

I'm BPU and was stopped after the first run last year for hitting nearly 112 terminal, so if you have one - take it (luckily I did :) )

Another question from the hsv lot, if it rains and gets called off do we get money back?

Obviously with these things there are rules on what they can classify as rain, but in summary YES if it rains then COMPETITORS get their money back.

Sky are covering the insurance for the event. If it rains before something like 1pm then we can get our money back, but if it rains after that we cannot. We are also paying for the mobile hairdryer so we can dry the track if it is a shower.

We are also paying for the mobile hairdryer so we can dry the track if it is a shower.

Do we get to muck about with it if it doesn't rain? It's paid for! :innocent:

what do people mean by "terminal" speed?

The speed you cross the line at. Rule of thumb from my limited observations last year was NAs crossed the line at 90mph ish, TTs at 100~110mph ish, and Singles at 120~130mph ish assuming they could put the power down.

where is the list mate to see whose booked in and how many places left?

:taped:

:bang:

Thankyou! ;)

Although i beleive there is still some missing from that list :)

Anyone who booked since midnight this morning (5~6) won't be on the list just yet.

More than likely me and The Punisher will be coming to this,

2 supra's

both on the strip

only problem is, payday isnt for another two weeks :(

Lets hope there are spaces left :(

I have my space up for grabs, as i cant compete now ;)

Are you running Steve, dont see ya name on the list ;)

Well I've been challenged now, so it'd be rude not to! ;) (assuming my job doesn't evaporate in the meantime).

Drag racing [probably] isn't my thing, but I also don't want to see the club lose any money, so what the hell, let's give it a go. Got to try everything haven't you. :)

You will be hooked I garentee it :D Its mega. Just hope my car does not end up in peices like last year :(

As the challanges are being layed down ill ........ erm go to bed :D

Early excuse #1: I can't go too fast as I finally killed my discs at Llandow :(

Hi Steve,

Have spoke to smarty and he is happy for us to take his space, so could you put 'The Punisher' (club member) down with reg JEZ4959 please, do you need anymore details? Will sort out payment directly with him if thats ok with you?

Also if we bought another car that i would drive down the strip am i right in thinking its a furthur £55? Im not to good with these things,

Ta