The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its started to go back together

NeoFuture

i did toy with a kit, but i decided instead i would fit glass headlights i know some dont like em cause of the chrome but i do and facelift rears, i have to get 2 more resistors for the indicators they dont quite work right yet, all the lights are LED appart from the headlights/mainbeam/fogs which are all HID now

Is it worth fitting HID main beams?

They take about 20 sec to get to full brightness, and you're switching on...off as you're driving.

I have fitted HID to the dipped beam and find them so good that I never need to use main beam anymore.

Currently saving up for a pair of glass headlights to replace the yellowing plastic ones. Think they look so much better.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it worth fitting HID main beams?

They take about 20 sec to get to full brightness, and you're switching on...off as you're driving.

I have fitted HID to the dipped beam and find them so good that I never need to use main beam anymore.

Currently saving up for a pair of glass headlights to replace the yellowing plastic ones. Think they look so much better.

Mine flash and flash bright and dont take 20 seconds to reach full brightness 4 seconds maybe... old HID are not as good as the newer ones... i didnt need to fit HID to my fog lights, but why not if you can do it ;)

Is that an off the shelf colour or ones from a specific manufacturer? I always loved the Lambo/Audi Grigio Avalon, quite similar to this one but less metallic if that makes sense (not sure of the right word to use)

It's another Lambo colour.

Your car looks amazing, one of the nicest Supras on here.

That looks superb:cool: who sprayed it for you? £?

Please tell me you are joking?

yeah im joking

spray work was done by Euroeast in burntwood in staffordshire he does tuns for work for ferrari and masserati so i knew i could trust him with my car, he is a great guy and does amazing work

Stunning colour and an excellent finish,you cant ask for more than that!

absolutly, and thanks, its taken 8 weeks to do as it kept getting put off my only statement to the body shop was, do it right and i dont care how long it takes, its worth the wait cause they do a load of work and let that sink then do a load more and so on, gives a good finish

Thanks mate, strong words, and very much appreciated, its very simular to a lambo colour, ferrari or lambo they still look nice and have sexy colours :D

I didn't actually realise this was a Ferrari colour, as I have only ever seen it on a Murcielago before (as apposed to grigio avalon)

Your car's certainly going to draw alot of looks from now on! :D

That looks fantastic, well done. One of the best colours and cars I've seen.

Loving the workshop by the way :)

hehe cheers mate, getting a lot of love for the colour, and the car :) which is great...

the workshop was a lucky fine, its a favour from my landlord and is 2000 square foot and unused space, awsome for working without getting sunburn or soaking wet :D only on a short let tho :)

wow thanks, cant believe the love for this look, its really appreciated i was worried that posting a none kitted/despoilered car would get me some flack as its a chosen taste, but seem im wrong (ok so i just invited the haters to post, to be fair all opinions are welcome i did my car how i wanted it to look)

i agree with the paint work they have done a phenomenal job, on the whole care with a fine tooth comb ive found 3 bits that need attention and to be honest you wouldnt notice them if you saw it, and its a 15 year old car, credit to the body shop, Euroeast in burntwood, they do an amazing job

Beautiful colour - just need a body kit now to finish it off !:eyebrows: :innocent: :taped:

btw I have 78BG 17080 BA part number you can have for £10 its a Ford part number but I think you could get it to fit your Supra by changing the numbers round!!

A What lol, what is a 78BG 17080 BA

A What lol, what is a 78BG 17080 BA

Not sure really but I think it is a rear shock absorber for a Mk5 Cortina saloon !! I took you at your word(look at the bottom of your posts for wanted!) Unless you are more specific, Oh and I'll drop the price to a round fiver as I don't need that part number any more (actually I have millions and can make up numbers if you want :taped:)so surplus to requirements I think is the term :eyebrows::eyebrows:

did you not see the brackets pfft

Of course I did! :innocent: its just the wording is ambiguously written!! I am well aware that you want those items or the part numbers for them but if you read it 'as is' you are asking for those parts or random part numbers - any part numbers so I took the mike with you but seems your wanting a sense of humour too (perhaps you should add that to your wanted list while your at it) :eyebrows: btw I have an exterior clock taken from a church if its any good!

Edited by Tee from China (see edit history)