The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Come on you load of pussys!

JamieP

Im not listening to all the excuses:D

Smarty.... get it rebuilt asap, you have ages yet, i dont want to lose my main competion from last year;)

Jay..... stop fathing about and get that turbo bolted on.:p

Here here, it doesnt take long to build a lump :)

What tyres and fuel are you running this year jamie?

im up for it! wont be to competative on the strip as most of you are running singles!

Doesnt matter mate, its great fun and there is lots of mini competitions not just the fastest overall.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there. I've ordered some full slicks just for this meet ..... I know should of checked first but can I run these or do they have to be road legal :taped:

Slicks are allowed mate, ill give you a call tomorrow, few of us going out on the boats saturday if you fancy it:)

I could bring mine if the club lets me :)

Would be good to keep in touch

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/SV201620.jpg

Im sure i read that all cars will be allowed:)

Slicks are allowed mate, ill give you a call tomorrow, few of us going out on the boats saturday if you fancy it:)

awesome need all the grip I can get with my launches :p just need to hide a jack in Lee's car now :D

cool mate, gives us a shout tomorrow well up for that if you do get her out :thumbs:

Lol, keeping things quiet eh. Not scared i hope :eyebrows:

Ok i have these for the day, I have to fit j-spec rear brakes for the day just to get the wheels on, Lee is fitting me a linelock kit and may also look at some super soft spring and shock for the rear aswell, really want a 10 sec 1/4 but i know it will be tuff.

I wish i could get tyres like that for my stock rims as I would love to run them for day to day.

Why bother with a line lock?

Are you using launch control/2 step?

What about NOS?

Is your 632 on the tesco R?

I wish i could get tyres like that for my stock rims as I would love to run them for day to day.

Why bother with a line lock?

Are you using launch control/2 step?

What about NOS?

Is your 632 on the tesco R?

Them tyres would be awefull on a street car, im supprised you have traction problems with the R888's mine is great on the street.

Linelock will stop me killing the diff i hope.

No launch control

No Nos bit if i dont get a 10 then next year ill go for Nos.

I had a little race fuel in the tank for saftey that day but Ryan said it would have made no odds, im going to go for a proper race fuel map with a lot more boost and see if the turbo has anymore in it, id like to see 700bhp from it.:D

Them tyres would be awefull on a street car, im supprised you have traction problems with the R888's mine is great on the street.

Linelock will stop me killing the diff i hope.

No launch control

No Nos bit if i dont get a 10 then next year ill go for Nos.

I had a little race fuel in the tank for saftey that day but Ryan said it would have made no odds, im going to go for a proper race fuel map with a lot more boost and see if the turbo has anymore in it, id like to see 700bhp from it.:D

Grip is fine with the R888's. Only an issue in 1st and 2nd, in a completly different world to normal road tyres for street. Just love the look of those tyres and would like to run lots more power at some point.

Do you not think launch control will help with those ultra grippy tyres on?

Fair point about the diff, we all know what you are like.

I cant see any reason why you couldn't get into the 10s with the planned spec, with a good launch Jamie.

I'll definatley be there in some capacity, although I'm on a stag do in Bulgaria the following week, and I start Uni a month after so I'm not sure if I can afford to compete.

Yet... :eyebrows:

Grip is fine with the R888's. Only an issue in 1st and 2nd, in a completly different world to normal road tyres for street. Just love the look of those tyres and would like to run lots more power at some point.

Do you not think launch control will help with those ultra grippy tyres on?

Fair point about the diff, we all know what you are like.

I dont think launch control will help me mate, i plan on doing a big burnout to get them super sticky and dumping the clutch hard:D

Guys you have no idea how much I want this back on the road :D. The stuff I'm doing tidying my engine bay up is just filling in time while waiting for the turbo.

Turbo hasn't turned up from the States yet, yesterday I decided that a polished housing would probably save me taking it off & having it polished, this is adding another 5 working days, the turbo is just about ready to be shipped from Precision to the dealer I'm dealing with.

Once I get the turbo I reckon a full week & the car will be road worthy (or road worthy enough to have some confidence in booking my SP place). Bit more time I should be in a much better position :).

Don't worry though, I'll still be as shit on the dragstrip as always :D