The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what bhp supra would be needed to be ...............

scoooby slayer

Cosworth? either way you can hear it idling when the speedo is at 20mph, you and i both know the video is bollox, how can you explain 65 in first gear?:rolleyes:

and il say it again start of full run is started in second gear thats why revs are low. and 65 is second gear but not limiter, limiter is 76 iirc. it hit the limiter in 3rd and fourth which is to be precise 107 in 3rd, 144 in 4th. 7800 rpm limiter.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With semi decent data logging so cheap nowadays you could post up something more meaningful to compare. Even a video showing the rev counter as well as the speedo would be of SOME use ;) a 1/4 mile time slip would be a cheap way to have a serious means of comparison, if you don't want to do data logging internally.

This should be good, Mr Scooby this is a great club and your video is impressive but what is your point, its a fast cossie and as you have been told a mid single 500+ BHP Supra would match/beat it

Are you a Supra fan or a Cossie owner/fan looking for an argument on which is better, because you wont get much joy here

This should be good, Mr Scooby this is a great club and your video is impressive but what is your point, its a fast cossie and as you have been told a mid single 500+ BHP Supra would match/beat it

Are you a Supra fan or a Cossie owner/fan looking for an argument on which is better, because you wont get much joy here

typical chat forum ! im not looking for any argument at all ? i like supras but have never owned one. so thought best place to ask would be on here. i dont wear cosworth blinkers !

kk mate cool. ive never had a supra and am curious how they perform. i see from below you posts you have a highly tuned supra. have you got a in car vid ?

Click the "My Supra" link in my sig, there are a couple of videos in there from when it was 550bhp.

So is that cossie lump in the Mk1 or E30?

its in the white saph in my photos about page 6.

Looks good, 472bhp aint bad either, ive had my fair share of cosworths over the years and still like them, bring it to the club trackday if you want to see how it fairs against a Supra, its now open to any cars.

Looks good, 472bhp aint bad either, ive had my fair share of cosworths over the years and still like them, bring it to the club trackday if you want to see how it fairs against a Supra, its now open to any cars.

your car looks f###ing quick mate in your vids. were those vids on stock internals engine ?

You must have spent some serious money on the Cossie to get such power figures, The Supra will give you 400 BHP for very little spend over the stock TT, they are very rewarding to tune, would be a good choice after a big BHP Cossie

is quite expensive, and would cost a lot to take it any further. i like the sound of 3 litres to start with instead of 2 :D

i love cosworth and there british which i like, but it has to be said the japs have far supersieded us :cry:

Bear in mind the power to weight ratios. The MKIV is no lightweight. What did the Sierra weigh? A near 500 BHP 2 litre Sierra Cosworth, even built properly, will never be as reliable or as long lived as say a 600 BHP properly built 3 litre, of course, but the big engine's pulling a small HGV along, in comparison to stripped down (2WD) Sierra. Where did 470 BHP come from? It's a huge amount of power from 2 litres, has it been on an engine dyno? I have built a couple of big HP Sierra engines, and to get genuine 450 BHP figures with any reliability at all was VERY costly, and life was measured in low hours.