Dude's 2009/2010 Project

dude

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a little update, we had loads of things to alter on the loom etc to get my engine on the dyno, after running it for over 3 hours we tried to do a few light sweeps with load but it was like the engine was hitting a soft cut at 5000 rpm, we just changed a cam sensor and that seems to be fine, so we tried a quick sweep to test it and the results were 492 hp and 516 ft lb @ 1 bar and 5000rpm so it looks promising for higher boost and revs. Off to stick some decent oil in it now.:eyebrows:

OK peeps, still having problems at 5300 so the engine is off the dyno as we don't have time to sort this out, the engine is now pretty much run in so im convinced that the problem will not be there with the engine in the car. So tommorow the engine and box will be in the car.

If you take the 492 and divide by 2 (for equivalent of 1bar boost on top of 1bar of atmospheric pressure)

=246

then multiply by 3.5 (for equivalent of 2.5bar on top of 1bar of atmospheric pressure)

=861.

I'm not saying I am in agreement with the theory (assuming that gains are 100% linear with MAP with no additional losses) but there you go :)