The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Tested and very happy

toyotasupra1980

i have a blitz nur spec 2 boost control and it has been setup to run at that bar.

Add a suitable restrictor ring to that list as the boost will hit whatever level it wants once the 2nd cat has gone.Remember boost controllers can only raise boost and not lower it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will help to control boost and AFR/EGT when you de cat, have they been used in the 1.1 bar boost upgrade though ?

it has been re-set and mapped.

without worrying aout the cosmetic look of the car the list on what has been done is in the list below.

Performance:

Full N/A - TT Conversion Including:

TT ECU

TT Engine

Turbo Rear Diff and Turbo Gear Box.

Greddy Turbo Intercooler

Greddy Air Diversion Panel

Hard Pipe Kit

Apexi Power Induction Kit

Apexi AFC Neo

Apexi Turbo Timer

Full XS-Power 3" inch exhaust system 2nd de-cat

Blitz Nur Spec 2 Boost Controller

Tien Front and Rear Strut Braces

it has been re-set and mapped.

without worrying aout the cosmetic look of the car the list on what has been done is in the list below.

Performance:

Full N/A - TT Conversion Including:

TT ECU

TT Engine

Turbo Rear Diff and Turbo Gear Box.

Greddy Turbo Intercooler

Greddy Air Diversion Panel

Hard Pipe Kit

Apexi Power Induction Kit

Apexi AFC Neo

Apexi Turbo Timer

Full XS-Power 3" inch exhaust system 2nd de-cat

Blitz Nur Spec 2 Boost Controller

Tien Front and Rear Strut Braces

Makes on difference to the posts before, you need to ensure you have good EGT and AFR's to be safe

cool then go for it

That's exceptionally reserved Dean. Good on you for not using bad language :D

Who setup the Neo? Do they know what they are doing? From what you've posted so far it seems they don't. but we've been here before and you didn't listen the last few times either...

That's exceptionally reserved Dean. Good on you for not using bad language :D

Who setup the Neo? Do they know what they are doing? From what you've posted so far it seems they don't. but we've been here before and you didn't listen the last few times either...

The boys down at Hyeline Performance have always and will continue to work on my cars, regardless what anyone says good or bad, they have looked after me very very well over the past 8 years, and the have never let me down, so to answer your question my yellow bald headed friend, yes they know exactly what they are doing.

hi guys just reading this post and think he dont realise the risk's with his car running what he is.

Right your egt (exhaust gas temp) will be getting very very high due to your cat being in, now the car will run sweet and sound the dogs, but in the higher gears 4 - 5 - 6 if you have 6th will be hitting temps of well over 900, now you think thats fine but that will start to melt things like pistons - valves, all the tme this is happening you will still think the car is fine until you start to get a missfire, by then its 2 late and you will need a engine replacement or rebuild.

So just to be safe and save your engine from melting go and buy a egt - afr gauge in 1, its 1 56m gauge with 2 displays in and will tell you what exactly your car is running at.

I run uk car with more fueling and runs rich so helps with egt's - i also have water - meth injection that also helps EGT's, with no cats at all and i still see 900 in 6th so please trust us when we say dont abuse your car until you know what temps its running.

I dont care if you are faster then me or your cars betting looking but i do care when you could be costing yourself alot of time and money due to not knowing the risk's you are taking.

Edited by little num (see edit history)

hi guys just reading this post and think he dont realise the risk's with his car running what he is.

Right your egt (exhaust gas temp) will be getting very very high due to your cat being in, now the car will run sweet and sound the dogs, but in the higher gears 4 - 5 - 6 if you have 6th will be hitting temps of well over 900, now you think thats fine but that will start to melt things like pistons - valves, all the tme this is happening you will still think the car is fine until you start to get a missfire, by then its 2 late and you will need a engine replacement or rebuild.

So just to be safe and save your engine from melting go and buy a egt - afr gauge in 1, its 1 56m gauge with 2 displays in and will tell you what exactly your car is running at.

I run uk car with more fueling and runs rich so helps with egt's - i also have water - meth injection that also helps EGT's, with no cats at all and i still see 900 in 6th so please trust us when we say dont abuse your car until you know what temps its running.

I dont care if you are faster then me or your cars betting looking but i do care when you could be costing yourself alot of time and money due to not knowing the risk's you are taking.

Yeah but Hyeline Performance know what they are doing init!

How could a forum collectively know more about the hugely popular and world widely known Hyeline Performance....

Being new to the upping stock engine power, but if one was to replace just the one cat, im certain ive read and been told that it should be the first that is replaced not the second. If only the second was replaced and the first left in isn't that worse and more at risk at creating a problem than going the other way of decating the first and leaving the second in. Ideally I no that both should be replaced to do the job properly. Go easy on me, like I said Im still learning!!!!!!!!!

The boys down at Hyeline Performance have always and will continue to work on my cars, regardless what anyone says good or bad, they have looked after me very very well over the past 8 years, and the have never let me down, so to answer your question my yellow bald headed friend, yes they know exactly what they are doing.

They know what they are doing, but left the 1st cat in? That's proof in itself that they are not fully understanding what they're doing. No AFR or EGT gauge and 1.1bar setup is further proof that they are taking uneccesary risks with your car.

Do it the right way and get that cat out of there, you *will* get problems with the engine running it like this long term.