The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of going single

Andre

A few bits to consider, with very ROUGH prices off the top of my head, so not that accurate, but add it up.

Turbo kit £4K

Midpipe and exhaust £600

Intercooler £1200

Fuel Kit £1200

ECU, £1K

Wideband £250

Mapping £600

Clutch £500

iridium plugs £80

decent Oil cooler £200

BOV £150

fitting costs £?????

options

billet timing belt bracket £150

Kevlar belt £80

cams £600

TRD LSD so it puts the power down. £550

Not so optional - Better brake pads, £160 to £400

Good guidelines but that 1200 for the intercooler is ott imo, would get top class i/c for that money yes but for about 400-500 he will be able to find a good one more than capable of dealing with 550+hp

A few bits to consider, with very ROUGH prices off the top of my head, so not that accurate, but add it up.

Turbo kit £4K

Midpipe and exhaust £600

Intercooler £1200

Fuel Kit £1200

ECU, £1K

Wideband £250

Mapping £600

Clutch £500

iridium plugs £80

decent Oil cooler £200

BOV £150

fitting costs £?????

Not to far away from what i have spent so far without my turbo kit. I guess you could of done it cheaper a year ago...crappy exchange rate now:(

Single builds aren't cheap, if you want a reliable engine and single build that will last a long time it's worth spending the money to get it all done properly.

Mine cost around £13k in total, i think, but i went the route of having the engine's internals modified too, which most people don't do. I'd budget around £10k like most people have said.

Single builds aren't cheap, if you want a reliable engine and single build that will last a long time it's worth spending the money to get it all done properly.

Mine cost around £13k in total, i think, but i went the route of having the engine's internals modified too, which most people don't do. I'd budget around £10k like most people have said.

Ok thanks it will have to wait a bit longer than i thought. The curse of the soop,more power more power!

not bad this is my spec to get what ive spent, but the turbo, intercooler, exhaust bits, and wastegate i managed to get from buying a supra with a nackered engine

GT4088 single turbo

boost logic auto drag box

3800 high stall torque converter

hks 264 cams

greddy emanage ultimate ecu

wiseco forged pistons

sard 800cc fuel injectors

LSD

hks fuel cut defencer

hks ssqv (dump valve)

moddified fuel rail for twin feed

2x walbro fuel pumps

gear box rad

hks advanced timing pullys

gates racing cam belt

new toyota oil pump

new toyota water pump

all new engine bearings

all new engine gaskets

ARP head stud kit

polished rad pipe

polished intake manifold

3 core front mount intercooler

44mm tial waste gate

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

blitz boost controller

custom intercooler pipes

custon down pipe

custom mid pipe

screamer pipe

Guest drlee

he,is that me? with all due respect,i dont mean to annoy anyone,but power does not always need a powerfull wallet,i appreciate that some need instruction ,but some people chuck them,and enjoy building thair own gear,i think its called throwing ur arse to the wind!.im sure most of u have grabbed ur seat with ur arse.funny but sometimes costly. d.r

well power come with sensible engine upgrades, pushing big power though a stock engine altho can be done i wanted to play safe. as with my gear box, would of been cheaper to keep my stock auto box, but blowing every 5 mins would eventualld add up to a lot more