Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

front tires

make avon, size 235/35/18

back tires

make fullerton, 235/40/18

all tires have at least 5mm thread.

have noticed that it slightly pulls to the left. i will for sure get this checked out as soon as i can.

Oops. :( 235 40 18 front 265 35 18 rears are standard quoted sizes for 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears.

Seems you may have the same size wheels front and back. You need to address this asap I'm afraid.

There are a few sets of secondhand wheels for sale in classifieds. A set of stocks will see you safe for not too much money.

It really does make me bloody laugh. Tyres are without doubt the most important thing to get right when you have a powerful car. They are your only contact with the road and, make the wrong choice, you will pay. In fact, I'd say this goes for any car. Hell, I even got decent tyres for my 306 and that's as fast as milk float going uphill.

If you've got some tyres that don't show up on here or they have a name like Wan King then FFS don't try to convince yourself that they'll be fine, (after all, a tyre is a tyre right?) get out and spend some money on a decent set.

The 'what tyres do I get?' question has been done to death on here. Do some searching, splash out some money and with a bit of luck you'll never need rue the day you made the wrong decision. Oh, and if you think decent tyres are too expensive then please, sell your car.

It really does make me bloody laugh. Tyres are without doubt the most important thing to get right when you have a powerful car. They are your only contact with the road and, make the wrong choice, you will pay. In fact, I'd say this goes for any car. Hell, I even got decent tyres for my 306 and that's as fast as milk float going uphill.

If you've got some tyres that don't show up on here or they have a name like Wan King then FFS don't try to convince yourself that they'll be fine, (after all, a tyre is a tyre right?) get out and spend some money on a decent set.

The 'what tyres do I get?' question has been done to death on here. Do some searching, splash out some money and with a bit of luck you'll never need rue the day you made the wrong decision.

:goodpost:

Oops. :( 235 40 18 front 265 35 18 rears are standard quoted sizes for 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears.

Seems you may have the same size wheels front and back. You need to address this asap I'm afraid.

There are a few sets of secondhand wheels for sale in classifieds. A set of stocks will see you safe for not too much money.

Stock n/a came with the same size all round.

Must admit I had a "moment" in mine at about 15 mph on a left turn. Road was slightly damp from the night before, the back end just stepped round with no warning.

As said 19" wheels with wide tyres in unfavourable conditions are a reciepe for "fun". Something else to consider is how warm your tyres are, this was about a minute from my house and mine were cold.

it happened after about an hour driving. as for the tyres, they were on car when i bought it 2 weeks ago.

what is the recommended size for a car on 18's.

cheers folks.

You need to find out what size rims you have bud. Personally I wouldn't be happy with the same front and back with a rwd car. I want more rear. :)

When I 1st got my supra I ran the tyres that were on for a couple of weeks. They were a crap make and the car was terriable in the wet. I changed to good tyres and had a geo set up. My NA wont even stick its arse out coming out of a junction it terential rain now. Best advice is to get that all done.

Best tyre sizes for 18's? You will usually be looking at 235/40/18 up front and 265/35/18 at the rear. You can go wider but if its a daily driver I'd personally stick to that. Just because the wider in the wet the more chance of aquaplaining etc.

Plent of info on here though for you to help chose.

it happened after about an hour driving. as for the tyres, they were on car when i bought it 2 weeks ago.

what is the recommended size for a car on 18's.

cheers folks.

We need the widths Dublin Lad. 8.5J = 8.5 inch etc. Loads of people here running what Adam (Hoff) and I have quoted.

8.5 front 9.5 rear. :)

Good point andy. If you are running 10" rears for example you may need to go wider.

Indeed. I think "Lad" has the same front and back though. You can get two different width tyres on the same width rims. Not by much though. Also, the same size front back didn't matter to MrT when they built the car so I wouldn't get overly concerned about having wider rears. On the NA. :D

I would, however, get feckin' good tyres.

We're already into wider rears because of the TT. :D

Forgot about the others mate. :D

I drove through it once on my way to Bolton Abbey.

Ah ok, I thought you lived over my way. Please accept my apologies for wrongly suggesting you lived in an area local to me. I shall endeavour never to make this mistake again.

I am glad we have established that you *may* or *may not* have driven on the dual carridgeways to Ilkley even if it was only once.

Either way my post could be summed up as... there is a dodgy roundabout near where I live with a very dodgy camber which makes cars back ends flick out. That was the main thing I wanted to say and I thought that by suggesting other membres who knew the area might be able to support my suggestion that some roundabouts are problematic.

Edit: And I like Bolton Abbey...although the roads are PITA with a stiff suspension car.

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

We need the widths Dublin Lad. 8.5J = 8.5 inch etc. Loads of people here running what Adam (Hoff) and I have quoted.

8.5 front 9.5 rear. :)

i will post up the size of the rims tomorrow i am in work just now. it may seem silly but how can i get the rim sizes. cheers for all info and advice so far peeps.