The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supe came off road today

dublin lad

and wheel size check, and geometry, and a lesson on how to drive a rwd car :thumbdown: From your previous posts you come across as an utter $#@! "dublin lad", just hope you don't injure or worse kill anyone while you learn how to drive.

yeah i may have came across as a dick in some comments, but asure u i am no dick. it was at twenty on that small roundabout. my ex was with me and i would never drive fast with anybody in a car with me i am 29 got three kids so i think i want to enjoy that before i die.the car was at 30kph i think thats about 21mph but not sure on exact figure. i was not heavy on gas going in nor coming out of of the roundabout, and yes it did slide off. i will def take car to quick fit or somewhere on tuesday to get it checked out. i have never had a rwd car before. i have an avensis and an st celica car, before that was a galaxy. i been driving almost ten years no points no speeding tickets no prangs, until yesterday. when i bought the car it came with no history so as for set up and everything i am not sure. advisory on last mot was a small chip in area a of windscreen. as for tires i do think it a good idea to get new ones as the ones on the back are cheap. i dont want to come across as a knob on here as i said i waited 3 years to buy a supe. yes i drove up one guys arse for a matter of ten seconds and yes i did redline once in 3rd and thats it. i bought it to enjoy not to break. some people judge to quick and are to pc mad.

i respect all the advice guys and girls give on here as u lot know what ur speaking about and put alot of time into ur cars. thats why i bought mine, so i could maybe put some money into and keep it for years to come.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once you've had it done, post back on here with what the results were , it'd be interesting to see how far out things are on the car.

will do my nearest place is forress about 75miles away but its alsosame place i am picking new clutch up from so 2 birds with one stone. will they give me printout of reselts etc.

is this an expensive job?

Dublin Lad wrote:

bloody had the ex in car on our way back from inverness. driving past elgin on the lhanbryde exit roundabout 2nd gear about 20mph the car spun right around and stopped facing other way of traffic. ground was slightly damp. needless to say we both got a scare.

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. The same thing happened to me on the motorway after just picking up my supe although it was snowing and there was ice on the roads. This was during february when we had the bad snowfall. I was driving at about 50mph when the back end of the car suddenly felt light and the car started to veer off towards the crash barrier so i turned the other way to avoid it and ended up doing a full 360 across three lanes on the motorway and i was left pointing in the right direction. luckily there were no other cars coming. I learnt a valuable lesson, sups with crap tyres and bad weather conditions dont mix.

Don't run a Supra on a budget mate. Allow about a grand a year. Just in case, but be prepared to pay this.

Don't go for the smart body add ons, sort everything to do with handling first. It doesn't look as good, but you'll be a darn sight better off than most.

Then go power or cosmetic. Look at the owners who have the best cars here. They made sure they were safe first. :)

I've had a moment that took me completely by suprise around the same speed, it was a damp road from the night before and I was in a row of traffic before entering a roundabout.

I had a car a few lengths in front of me and behind, I was going the same speed as the old dear in front in 3rd around 15mph when it felt like I was just on ice half way around, the back stepped out but I kept my foot where it was and held it sideways till coming off, it was seriously the slowest drift ever, I remember looking down at the revs and seeing something like 1400rpm

I used to think there was no way that people were spinning off roundabouts unless they were giving it some coming off but this changed my view, the tyres on the back wernt a great make but they had plenty of tread, I actually had a full on spin at the same roundabout a few months after in a saxo, so prehaps it was oil/diesel, who knows :) it was damn slippy :D

I've had a moment that took me completely by suprise around the same speed, it was a damp road from the night before and I was in a row of traffic before entering a roundabout.

I had a car a few lengths in front of me and behind, I was going the same speed as the old dear in front in 3rd around 15mph when it felt like I was just on ice half way around, the back stepped out but I kept my foot where it was and held it sideways till coming off, it was seriously the slowest drift ever, I remember looking down at the revs and seeing something like 1400rpm

I used to think there was no way that people were spinning off roundabouts unless they were giving it some coming off but this changed my view, the tyres on the back wernt a great make but they had plenty of tread, I actually had a full on spin at the same roundabout a few months after in a saxo, so prehaps it was oil/diesel, who knows :) it was damn slippy :D

at least u know i aint joking about it.

tires back are fullrun front avon. i take it these are cheap

Don't do Avon. :( Google Tyre Reviews and you'll get a load of info on what to fit / not fit.

Even Bridgestones get a slagging here and I'm a fan of Bridgestones from my bike.

The absolute minimum, imo, is Falken 452.

Look into Vredestein Sessanta, Toyo T1R, etc. :)

I fitted the Falken 452's to the back of mine this time around, i am not as happy with them as i was with the Toyo T1R's i had before.

I would highly recommend the Toyo T1R's over the Falkens.

I am now looking into the Toyo R888's for my spare wheels.

:)

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

I have ventus sport k104 tyres, i guess this expalins it all. Never ever heard of this company untill i got my car.

AndyT wrote:

Don't run a Supra on a budget mate. Allow about a grand a year. Just in case, but be prepared to pay this.

Don't go for the smart body add ons, sort everything to do with handling first. It doesn't look as good, but you'll be a darn sight better off than most.

Then go power or cosmetic. Look at the owners who have the best cars here. They made sure they were safe first.

Havent been running the car on a budget just didnt really see the point in buying new tyres when the old ones still had plenty of tread left.

will do my nearest place is forress about 75miles away but its alsosame place i am picking new clutch up from so 2 birds with one stone. will they give me printout of reselts etc.

is this an expensive job?

Who does it in Forres mate?

I have ventus sport k104 tyres, i guess this expalins it all. Never ever heard of this company untill i got my car.

Havent been running the car on a budget just didnt really see the point in buying new tyres when the old ones still had plenty of tread left.

PM T.I.G.G.E.R and ask about his rock hard Chinese tyres. :D

I bought back wheels which had them on mate, with loads of tread on them. I binned them after one journey in damp, not wet, conditions, freaking suicide tyres, they were

Using the link he provided :D

GT Tyres Ltd (Forres)

Greshop Ind Estate

FORRES

IV36 2GW

Tel: 01309 674161

Thanks Todd, yea, I am a lazy so and so but I have just driven 312+ miles - that is my only excuse