The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wall Mounted Dipping Bars?!?!?!?!

Matt H

Overhand pullups to triceps where you face your hand away from you rather than towards

Sorry can you restructure that quote so I am clear on what you are advising?

Are you saying overhand pull-ups do work your triceps? Or have i misread?

I think he's saying that overhand grip pullups (with the palms of your hand facing away from you) would exercise your Triceps.

That's how I read it anyway.

Mike

Yes thats what i was trying to explain sorry.

So your saying that a pulling towards you motion will exercise triceps?! :search:

Not the case, unless you talking about the miniscule amount of effort it takes to let yourself back down?!

So your saying that a pulling towards you motion will exercise triceps?! :search:

Not the case, unless you talking about the miniscule amount of effort it takes to let yourself back down?!

Thats the difference between overhand and underhand grips mate, they work each muscle.

I think he's saying that overhand grip pullups (with the palms of your hand facing away from you) would exercise your Triceps.

That's how I read it anyway.

Mike

Which is exactly what i was hoping he wasn't trying to say.

Thats the difference between overhand and underhand grips mate, they work each muscle.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Stop pretending you do.

Please do research before offering people dud advice.

Its what my gym instructor told me when i was asking about working triceps. I am no expert but i do listen to what someone who is trained tells me. But then again he could just be someone who thinks he knows as you are telling me its not correct

Ive got a dining table and a the arm of the sofa for this job.....works a treat

Its what my gym instructor told me when i was asking about working triceps. I am no expert but i do listen to what someone who is trained tells me. But then again he could just be someone who thinks he knows as you are telling me its not correct

Tell him he is a prat and find another instructor

I do hate these gym instructors. My partner always comes back to me with nonsense advice she got from her gym instructor too.

I always believe as many in the bodybuilding field are taught (although this rule is not always golden), take the advice of someone whose physique effectively advertises his depth of knowledge.

I have many bodybuilding friends who given a single glance at them, you can tell they know what they are talking about. If you are not sure I always refer to this man

http://www.ronniecoleman.net

(use his articles section at the top)

He has tons of exercise advice - don't be put off by his hulkamanian size. The principle and advice and techniques for exercising certain bodyparts apply regardless of how big you are.

http://www.ronniecoleman.net

(use his articles section at the top)

He has tons of exercise advice - don't be put off by his hulkamanian size. The principle and advice and techniques for exercising certain bodyparts apply regardless of how big you are.

Ah, but often these guys who advocate certain volume of training, works for those who are assisted (Anabolic) where the power put in, and of recovery is much greater.

So for a natural trainer, much of what is advised is overkill, and will quite literally send many people overtraining, which in turn has a detrimental affect not only on ones physique, but health.

Be careful of what routines you take up from some of these 'olympian' guys.

They not only allow their ego's to over inflate their alleged diet and stats, but also the volume of training they supposedly partake in - This is where sometimes, sportmanship/politics of the sport/lifestlye get's in the way of their better judgement.

Ah, but often these guys who advocate certain volume of training, works for those who are assisted (Anabolic) where the power put in, and of recovery is much greater.

So for a natural trainer, much of what is advised is overkill, and will quite literally send many people overtraining, which in turn has a detrimental affect not only on ones physique, but health.

Be careful of what routines you take up from some of these 'olympian' guys.

They not only allow their ego's to over inflate their alleged diet and stats, but also the volume of training they supposedly partake in - This is where sometimes, sportmanship/politics of the sport/lifestlye get's in the way of their better judgement.

That's very true as well.

Very simply put:

Biceps are worked when you pull something towards you

Triceps are worked when you push something away from you.

It's simple physics, just imagine what the muscles do when you perform a certain exercise. AND remember that muscles can only contract (pull), they can't push which is why you have pairs of everything :)