The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im new and i want a supra!!!

Guest steviedude100

so members have died in supra's sorry to hear that, but i suppose there is a serious amount of power there...as for the turbo'd versions i didnt realise the single is more powerful that the twin :|....

is there any mint OEM NA's floating around for a good price?

Just check out the forsale section make sure you buy your self a good one and off a well known member there are a lot of dogs out there you dont want to be spending money sorting them out

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=38

:hello:Go For an N/A, you will still have plenty of fun.

Just remember you can't scrimp on maintance and don't put cheap tyres on it, my Goodyear's lasted under 8,000 miles on the back at £140 each.

In the wet even the the N/A can be a handful if you don't give it some respect.

I lite up my back tyres when hard into 2nd on a slight bend on a duel carriageway coming home (it was warm and dry), I had to lift slightly:eyebrows:.

The N/a is still fun and out styles most things on the road, it won't out run everything on the road, but if you go a bit slower everyone gets to look at you in your :cool: Supe

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Hey mate welcome to the club. You've come to the right place for good info on the supra. Some very knowlegable people on here. As said before I would say N/A as your 1st.

Will it be an everyday car? Only real downside to supra ownership is running costs, make sure you can afford to run one properly, not just buy one.

:)

Welcome to the club i have to agree with most.Go for a NA,you are only 20 and want to live to see 21.So take it easy not just in the wet but the dry too!

These cars can come up and bite you on the ar$e when you least expect it:)

Dont knock the auto either it is superb and can be driven in MANU mode too.

Guest steviedude100

rite ok from what i have read...its looks like im getting a N/A....thanks for all advice...im going to seriously start looking for decent insurance quotes and then when i have got one i will be on the hunt for an immaculate one...even if it does cost a few quid more. both of my corsa's have been in factory condition so i wouldnt want my next car to be in any less condition (even though they are alot older....)

and it seems as if this is the place to be with the supra's you lot seem to be a good bunch...you seem to be looking out for the young and nieve like me :) but dont worry i dont intend on thrashing the pistons out of the thing!

i just hope i can get hold of one that is genuine and not a shit*er :(

You just need some patience, there are some nice clean cars around, but a lot more dogs.

It took me and a lot of other people months to find the right car and be prepared to go distance to view and walk away.

If you buy a bad one it exsorbs endless ££££'s.

Good luck in your hunt and watch the for sale section here and ask on here if you find any that you are unsure off. It's surprising how often someone knows of the car;)

makes my £1200 corsa insurance sound a waste of money....

:Pling: Ouch!

Good luck in your search, but I'm not sure I could part with potentially half the value of my car in insurance every year (which I imagine it won't be far from if you're paying the above figure on a Corsa!)

Guest steviedude100
You just need some patience, there are some nice clean cars around, but a lot more dogs.

It took me and a lot of other people months to find the right car and be prepared to go distance to view and walk away.

If you buy a bad one it exsorbs endless ££££'s.

Good luck in your hunt and watch the for sale section here and ask on here if you find any that you are unsure off. It's surprising how often someone knows of the car;)

well patients is not a problem....i rung two insurance companies today and they were quoting 2800-3300 third party which i really dont want! so i think ive got to find out what companies are good with jap imports and young people with fast cars....or find a better job LOL

welcome to the site, good luck in you n/a search bud

cheers mate

If you came for ride in my auto TT you might regret that lol ie. use in manual mode?!

Rich

fancy taking me out :p

Took me 4 months and then a 900 mile round trip to pick it up.

Hi Rich hows it going, still not sold your TT

was it worth it?

Ouch!

Good luck in your search, but I'm not sure I could part with potentially half the value of my car in insurance every year (which I imagine it won't be far from if you're paying the above figure on a Corsa!)

yer i can see the supra costing me lots more...but the corsa is the fast one so its quite a high bracket car ....but i like the corsa so i didnt mind paying it!

Welcome to the club, I also went from Corsa to Supra [scary to think about!]

I PX'd a Corsa B GSI [in my garage on my profile] for my current Supra, NA Auto.

I was a little worried at first with regards the auto box and going from a small front wheel drive car into a mahoosive rear wheel drive car, however if you treat it with kid gloves until you get a feel for the car and dont drive like your playing need for speed most wanted im sure you will find the supra a responsive and amazingly enjoyable car to own!

The NA is deffo your best bet I would say from a finacial perspective and at a later date you could look at single turbo conversions or a twin turbo transplant. You can also do a variety of things to the na to improve handling and traction, however as is often said there is not a specific lot you can do to the NA lump unless you look at adding turbo's!

Currently im saving up for the TT transplant myself and there are a few well respected chaps on here who can carry out the work and supply a lump too.

Anyways, enough from me, welcome along.. and get the Corsa traded in, trust me.. You wont regret it, I didnt :)

Ps....

On a side note, Club members get discounted insurance with Sky, im not sure if there is an age cap on this, but its still worthwhile forking out a tenner for all the benefits that come with full owners club membership ;)

NA all they way i will never for get taking home my new na, I was kinda regretting getting it, and then I was comeing out of a round about in 3rd gear very little trottle and she kicked out, i was thinking to myself " i m glad i stared with no twins!! " :p

na is soo much fun still and i was only 20 getting it too. and I am glad I am looking forward to getting tt or a single turbo some time, and not got my dream all at once.

At the mo im happy with the fuel comsumtions 6th gear is a God sent!(compared to my friends tt only does 8mpg~) :) and the speed and drifts in the na are sweet! :)

Do a search on here for "insurance": that'll throw up a few of the usual suspects that people on here use. Sky is popular (being the club's affiliated insurer), but there are others too. Adrian Flux may be worth a go. You're unlikely to get a good quote from an internet site though: they tend to "pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap", and anything out of the ordinary (e.g. an imported car) doesn't fit their model.

Don't dismiss the auto box without trying it, especially in a twin turbo. People are regularly surprised on here about how good it is. If you try and and still don't like it, then fair enough. :)

Guest steviedude100
Did you see mine there? :)

to be honest mate, i dont know what yours looks like....but anything jap i was on like a rash....and supra's are far more sexy than anything in its class!

been searching lots for insurance and unfortunately it looks like ive got to wait another year :(

3k is out of my budget :(