The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to try out the car...?

Dragonball

err there's an old airfield up by me in a village called Wougton about 5 mins from juntion 16 of the M4... it seems to be available for the local model aircraft boys to use and rumour has it at one point was going to host a car show with the runway open ....

might be worth a try ? No idea about numbers etc

Didn`t someone from here arrange an airfield day a while ago and he got it cheap cause he worked there, can`t remember name of place or person though :read:

I would be really interested in this, would be great to have a nice big bit of concrete or tarmac to test the limits of the cars without hitting anything. Would also be great for mapping which gets a little crazy on the road.

:thumbs:

OK guys - thinking about this the other night (well every now and then even numpties do it!) - and wondering where you can take the car for a blast to check it out?

Not public roads - forget them (even the quiet ones):)

Abandoned airfields / tracks / private roads?? Etc

Not necessarily 'free' - but somewhere that you can check out the mapping / practice etc

Any thoughts / contacts / info?

Donington, tomorrow, with Bookatrack. I am running in my Zeus there. Spaces left.

I can recommend the brand new A10 section North of Ware in Herts for anyone round my area. No speed cameras, no lorries, and billiard table smooth :thumbs:

Cheers I think I will investigate that next time I go up to Stanstead. A good excuse to pick up our lass from the airport :thanks:

I'm afraid I have no contacts mate, it was all laid on by Subaru for us who attended.

Heres the addy mate:

Chobham Lane

Chertsey

Surrey

KT16 0EE

Tel: +44 (0)1344 632000

and the webby is:

http://www.qinetiq.com

I work for QinetiQ, in Malvern tho, not Chertsy. I can try and find out about it if you like but there are a lot of car nuts across QinetiQ and if it were possible to hire/borrow it for blatting about I'm sure we'd know about it by now, so don't hold your breath. :(

James - that stretch looks amazing.....would be keen to know if we could drag our sups on there...would be ideal to tune the apexi.

Yeah very nice. Im on nights at the moment and so havn't had time to arrange anything. May try and organise a mid week meet there in the next month. If it all goes well im gonna see about a whole day with christmas lights and timing etc.... If anyone can point me in the direction of where to hire these i'd be gratefull :D