• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRD...

I mean UK! :D

Not keen on the front splitter though... What splitter is it??

The splitter is a copy of the RMM/Wings West style in carbon fiber

Not got any really close to your pic so not to worry mate

If i did have vents i'd keep the uk scoop

No worries bud, if you do get some pics send em over :)

I have the TRD and it came fitted with shields to stop rain pouring in onto everything.

BTW - I like both but I know the TRD lets out A LOT of heat which is great for non stock turbo setups and FMIC's.

Both look good on your car Jay - the TRD seems to look better on dark colours.

On some the TRD looks a little OTT. On some the UK vent looks very dated.

Edit: Just showed the Mrs your pics and she prefers the TRD pic. Her comment on the UK one.... "Eww no, that's what they have on those crappy chavvy cars" :D

Maybe I should have 2, full carbon TRD for spirited drives, UK for posing/photos :)

The splitter is a copy of the RMM/Wings West style in carbon fiber

No worries bud, if you do get some pics send em over :)

Maybe I should have 2, full carbon TRD for spirited drives, UK for posing/photos :)

If you do get a TRD i would look at modifiying it so that the vents aren't so deep. Ruins the look IMO. This could be done by removing the vents/grills, recessing around where the vents attach under the bonnet and then re-attaching them.

I would also paint the vents black.

I'm not sure, I haven't seen one in real life yet, but that "thickness" quite appeals to me. Vents would def have to be black

Really? I think the depth is horrid. Makes the bonnet look really really chunky.

Different strokes though :D

As with any mods there are some who will love it and those who will hate it so the best thing is do what you want as its your car at the end of the day! Personally I think the UK scoop looks more 'add-on' and boy racer than the TRD which looks more purposeful! Some love TRD, Top Secret, DoLuck and Veilside yet others abhor them, we are all different so go with your heart and wallet!!:eyebrows:

• 3 weeks later...

BTW - I like both but I know the TRD lets out A LOT of heat which is great for non stock turbo setups and FMIC's.

I would imagine that the TRD bonnet lets out a lot of heat at a standstill even on a stock TT setup. Underbonnet/intake temps soar on supras when stationary in traffic, or waiting for a run down the drag strip :)

I presume a TRD bonnet would be very useful if you did a fair bit of drag racing.

Anyone got one floating about?