The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY Carbon Fibre Wrapping

Tee from China

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I thought your stuff was dipped and not the same as this. This is material which would be a big no no under the bonnet due to a fire risk from the heat

Jazz, you sure its the same material / process?

If so, can you PM me the details as I'd like to take my car to them for a quote.

thanks

iv had no problem

Jazz you have had no problems as your bits are dipped and not wrapped!! This stuff is material and if heated will/would catch fire! The parts you had done are like a paint covering which is very different, plus trying to cover those bits of yours would be very difficult with this material due to the complex shapes and would really look cr*p but dipping is far easier than wrapping anyway

Edited by Tee from China (see edit history)

Was thinking of doing my stock airbox and feed pipe in this, seen on Demon tweeks they have a spray on version for hard to trim places

Would clean up the engine bay nice

Not too sure if anybody seen the episode of Orange county Choppers when they did the dirt bike and had the body panels go through a dipping process to have a film of camo added. would be nice if they could do a carbon effect

Not too sure if anybody seen the episode of Orange county Choppers when they did the dirt bike and had the body panels go through a dipping process to have a film of camo added. would be nice if they could do a carbon effect

There is a company that does a CF dip, can't remember what they are called but there was a link on these forums to them (from a good while back!)

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=vPCMtlFenvo

http://www.ftd-technics.de/englisch/index.html

Edited by Angarak (see edit history)

No Paul I think it is something different but included it for reference and possible uses other than the material mentioned in my first post

Oh right, anyone else ordered this stuff mentioned earlier in this thread?

There was a guy on here earlier who was asking the type of things we'd like made from carbon as he runs a company producing car related items but some power crazy ma fa seems to have deleted the thread :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

right, I've finally made a (slow) start on using the fabric, so far I've removed all the dash panels (which means i can do other stuff that i've wanted to do for ages..) removed the old stick-on fake CF cover (and no, i'm not selling it as its fubared)