The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is my mate full of S@:&?

SupraTRD83

umm, the change in cam is to allow the car to perform better at higher RPMs. It has no benifit at lower RPMs. The factory settings at which the vtec kicks in is optimal. changing it via a vtec controller has no benifit

Ok i failed to mention my engine was a tad upgraded, cams, pulleys, forged pistons etc... which allowed the vtec controller to use better response... fuel economy etc wasn't an issue but the noise was a bit annoying lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, the change in cam is to allow the car to perform better at higher RPMs. It has no benifit at lower RPMs. The factory settings at which the vtec kicks in is optimal. changing it via a vtec controller has no benifit

:yeahthat: I trust Honda over some kid with a switch changing the point of cam shifts ;)

Ok i failed to mention my engine was a tad upgraded, cams, pulleys, forged pistons etc... which allowed the vtec controller to use better response... fuel economy etc wasn't an issue but the noise was a bit annoying lol

VTEC controllers only change the cam swich over, not the extra fueling and such to get the FULL change... All the do is kill the engine! If you had cams, pulles, etc.. then wouldn't you be using an after market ECU mapped for optimal performance? No need to mess around with VTEC at all. My mate had a VTEC controller in his Civic. His Civic and my Jordan were both at the same BPU level... We raced on a private road and I whooped him. After that he ditched the controller :D

Update:

as you may be aware it was MONDAY yesterday ;) which means it was training day with the legendary Toyota Proton owner.

He didn't bring his TP ;) (Shortened as im thinking of designing this dream car but hands off I have TM on this idea), so as he didnt bring it I asked 'where's your TP Scott? was hoping for a drag' his mate turned to him and says 'Toyota Proton, what the F you on about now' and laughed at him, felt pretty bad because he looked gutted that he had got the wrong car, he meant a Toyota Starlet which to my memory is about 82BHP??? then he tells me he hates my car anyway it looks horrible and its too heavy so its slow then as I turned away I heard his mate say to him 'Scott if you could have any Toyota in the world with free insurance which one would you choose' his reply :D you guessed it he goes 'probably this one' as he looked at mine :haha: guess after all this rubbish it all boiled down to some silly jelousy, Kids, who'd have them :)

Update:

as you may be aware it was MONDAY yesterday ;) which means it was training day with the legendary Toyota Proton owner.

He didn't bring his TP ;) (Shortened as im thinking of designing this dream car but hands off I have TM on this idea), so as he didnt bring it I asked 'where's your TP Scott? was hoping for a drag' his mate turned to him and says 'Toyota Proton, what the F you on about now' and laughed at him, felt pretty bad because he looked gutted that he had got the wrong car, he meant a Toyota Starlet which to my memory is about 82BHP??? then he tells me he hates my car anyway it looks horrible and its too heavy so its slow then as I turned away I heard his mate say to him 'Scott if you could have any Toyota in the world with free insurance which one would you choose' his reply :D you guessed it he goes 'probably this one' as he looked at mine :haha: guess after all this rubbish it all boiled down to some silly jelousy, Kids, who'd have them :)

To use a line from karate kid

POINT!...............Winner!

Some of the Toyota Starlets are quite quick I think, helped by not weighing very much. I think it's *unlikely* that someone who doesn't know what he has, has one. E.g. if you owned a Ford Sierra, you'd know if it was an RS Cosworth. :)

But saying that I had a peugeot Ford o no wait I think it was a vauxhall saxo :innocent: