The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Great News Late model supras are now available for Import

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're supposed to be better built than the early ones. Plus they did the really nice 'spirit R' version :cool: QUOTE]

oooo

Do they still need engine rebuilds?

They look the nuts.

They still need the rebuilds, but it's not as bad as people make out.

Put it this way, although they do need regular rebuilds (If you can call every 50-60k regular) the cost of the rebuild is usually much less than a piston engine.

The fuel economy is another matter :blink:

Still far to much money for a 2001 stock supra imo, for under 20k i could get a 2007 VXR8 with 7000 miles.

Could you replace your Supra with one though? I've not been in a VXR8, but before I bought my latest Supra, I tried loads of other (more modern) sports cars.

They just don't feel that special. That has to be worth a premium.

Could you replace your Supra with one though? I've not been in a VXR8, but before I bought my latest Supra, I tried loads of other (more modern) sports cars.

They just don't feel that special. That has to be worth a premium.

Im not talking about replacing my Supra, a VXR8 will be a better car than a stock Supra for running about in.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I don't understand the fascination with late model supras. Maybe I just don't know but besides the facelift headlights/indicators/tail lights - were there any other significant differences? Not talking about VVTI engined cars btw.

I suppose it dont make them look so old with the new reg lay-out on the front!

Another question will the satnav work fine over here looks like a toyota head unit so would it be a case of getting new disc's?

I don't understand the fascination with late model supras. Maybe I just don't know but besides the facelift headlights/indicators/tail lights - were there any other significant differences? Not talking about VVTI engined cars btw.

The dashboard's a nicer design, plus they're newer.

Im not talking about replacing my Supra, a VXR8 will be a better cae than a stock Supra for running about in.

Yep. Will probably stand toe to toe with BPU cars too.

3 year old Beemer 535ds are appearing in this price bracket now too. Bpu+ performance with 40mpg sounds good to me.

Yep. Will probably stand toe to toe with BPU cars too.

3 year old Beemer 535ds are appearing in this price bracket now too. Bpu+ performance with 40mpg sounds good to me.

40mpg in your dreams!

If I drive mine like a bore, @ 75 leptons on the motorway, I might get early 37's mpg. Usual 85 leptons is around high 34's to low 35's mpg.

Mine is remapped though, and it's pretty quick for a diesel.

40mpg in your dreams!

If I drive mine like a bore, @ 75 leptons on the motorway, I might get early 37's mpg. Usual 85 leptons is around high 34's to low 35's mpg.

Mine is remapped though, and it's pretty quick for a diesel.

37 isn't that far from 40...

I've never driven a 535d before, only a 530d and a 520d. The 530d (E39) would be an easy match for an NA. How do you find the 535d compares to your Supra?

Lots of little asthetic differences that add up to a much nicer car, if you like that sort of thing.

The lighter carpets and dash made a big difference, as well as the new dash layout. Electric mirrors and indicators were a nice to have too. TC was still crap though.