The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car geometry 'Tech Talk' - near Tamworth - Sunday 5th April

SteveR

Course it is mate, Chris even said if we can't find suitible examples of lowered/track/etc cars to look at on the ramps, yours would be a good one to show people as everything is brand new and 100% spot on. (Irrelevent now as we've alread got volunteer cars for each topic!)

Anyway, do you want sticking on the list? :)

Yes please Steve :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome, would be well up for this however dont know what my car situation will be then :( ie will i have 1 at all. Longish drive from Sussex too.

I could be up for this.

Can bring my Nice Stock Suspensioned Supra TT along if its needed to.;)

So are you guys in or do you want to leave it until a later date to decide? You dont have to come in a Supra BTW, just the 2 cars that are chosen to be examined/measured.

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't an immediate requirement/rush to sign up chaps, other than it's first come:first served, of course. Once all 20 places go, that's it. The limit is so everyone can get a good view and there is time for everyone to ask questions without rushing.

If there are any places left, say 2 weeks before, feel free to bring friends. That's ample opportunity for club members to get their act together. :)

Having already done all this and spoke to Chris one to one about my car and what does what i'll happily give up my place if you fill the 20 places.

Chris did say he couuld stretch the numbers slightly if you & I were happy to take more of a back seat at the talk. We'll keep an eye on the bookings closer to the date. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, no more volunteers for the 2 cars that will be usd in the examples, thanks.

A reminder of what I'm on about:

I am also looking for 2 volunteers to bring their Supras:

• Supra 1 will have the corner weights measured as part of the talk. The knowledge gained from this proceedure would most benefit a track enthusiast.
  • Supra 2 will have it's basic geometry measured. The knowledge gained from this would best benefit someone who has aftermarket suspension but who hasn't had a geometry setup carried out.

So if either of the above applies to you, step forward.

AlexM volunteered to be Supra 1 (although you're on non-height adjustables Alex so wouldn't be able to act on the information you gain - are you sure you meant this option??)

bignum and Pete have both volunteered to be Supra 2, leaving me with a decision to be made...

Anyone got any wise method of deciding who gets the places or shall I flip a coin? I hate dissapointing people. :(

AlexM volunteered to be Supra 1 (although you're on non-height adjustables Alex so wouldn't be able to act on the information you gain - are you sure you meant this option??)

I don't have aftermarket suspension, so I definitely didn't mean option two! I can act on any information I gain in due course.. :)

bignum and Pete have both volunteered to be Supra 2, leaving me with a decision to be made...

Anyone got any wise method of deciding who gets the places or shall I flip a coin? I hate dissapointing people. :(

Fight to the death? Bull dodging? Origami face-off? 100m sprint? GRiD racing championship? Possibilities are endless. :D

OK I've just spoken to C.G. and we're sorted.

• Alex - you car will be corner weighted.
  • Bignum - your car will do the basic geo measurement.
  • Pete - your car will be used to show what can be done to assess a geo setup by looking at:
    • tyre wear
    • sight lines
    • pieces of equipment people might have at home

Hopefully that will keep everyone happy and fulfil what info you're each after whilst also educating the rest of us as we witness it all. :)

Alex - there is quite a bit of benefit from corner weighting your car (and also finding out it's total weight) so it's an ideal candidate actually, my mistake for thinking otherwise.

All - Jayne is trying to sort out bacon butties for us (at a small cost) and after Mike's suggested it I might look into arranging a post-event pub meal; if noting else to make sure poor Chris & Jayne can go home and we don't stay there asking them quetions all night. ;)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well......trying to sort flights out. East midlands is out, due to lack of flights, so sorry Ash cant make it to there, so hopefully Dunks off @ birmingham may work out.

Best flight times I have had so far are

Depart 10:00

Arrive 11:05

RTN

Depart 18:30

Arrive 19:30

Flybe just gets in a little late :( will keep trying to get an earlier flight !

Ryanair (who i hate) can get me to east midlands for

Sun, 5 Apr 09

FlightFR 1413 07:40 Depart

08:45 Arrive , should leave plenty of time, so I could get there with ash and back with Dunk? on the flybe flight if thats OK with you two gents?

Ok with me :)