Exhaust through rear bumper opinions and hopefully a photoshop

Aero-M

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One each side does look ok but there is a lot of work in it, reminds me of a wheel barrow somehow:d

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/twinpipe.jpg

Nice wheelbarrow :D,

One either side out the back is to much. I just like doing things different and explore every option.

As a few have said it looks like a "Chav" modification I think I will get one in the normal position and angled, unlike mine coming out straight.

This is one of my favourite cars, and what gave me the idea

Edited by Aero-M (see edit history)

How about no exhaust? Open downpipe etc?

Would it be deafaning on an n/a?

Personally I think it is a "Chav mod"

Thats exactly what I don't want to do to it. When I thought of it I was thinking of tidying up the underneath and having something neatly put in the bumper.

Is it legal to have the exhaust pointed directly at the pavement anyway?

I would say so, hence the Sagaris. Bit be different if it spat flames though

I was going to say that if yours is a turbo, then don't mess about with bends and complications, but as its an N/A, then I don't suppose it matters, except to make it look a little pants IMO ;)

I don't want to make it look pants or chavy. Just sitting here looking at the Tvr that made me think.. I wonder.

What about having it coming out the side of the front bumper as that would be functional as well surely.

Probably even harder than coming out the rear one. But may look good

It was a joke... I was hinting that you should get a huge turbo and route the screamer pipe from the wastegate out of a side exit, along with your exhaust. ;)

:). One day I will get a turbo lump put in.

For now I will have to settle for a normal exhaust out the back, With no nice turbo noises. My random idea doesn't seem to be a good one, although it seems to have attracted lots of interest.

Maybe I should start a poll

lol, you've totally missed the whole care bear theme this week DAT Inter, haven't you? :D

I'm glad you seem to be deciding against Marty, I suspect it would have been a big regret and would have been the sort of thing that would put future buyers off when it comes time to sell it on. Can't beat a shiny low slung angled exhaust.

No point in beating about the bush. Exhaust sticking out the bumper makes it look like it just reversed through Halfrauds and got slapped with the chav stick. :sly:

Make sure you write to Zonda and Lotus, Tvr. and tell them that. Must be very chavy cars

Make sure you write to Zonda and Lotus, Tvr. and tell them that. Must be very chavy cars

I know where ur coming from but no need to be a smart arse.

The cars that you have mentioned hve been designed to the exhaust to stick out the bumper and they also sit very very low to the ground making them look great.

If you were to do it on a Supra it would look out of place as the bumper comes up quite high. Would also not help the flow of the exhaust gases at all.

Ferrari's, Zonda's etc that you have mentioned all very well their exhaust may come out from the bumper or diffuser, but as u have said, they are Zondas, they are Lotus's, all designed that way, not a Supra.

HI Mate

I think this is very brave of you and i cant wait to see how it will turn out. I was thinking u might consider a double center exhaust cut into the rear bumper, which may be easier to build. I have tried to Photoshop u one. What do you think?

but there are so many good ideas here i am sure you'll get something great.

ps i hope u don't mind i used your original pic

There's nothing better than Jap car with a sexy angled exhaust purring from beneath the bumper! :D

Doing random things with exhausts screams chav, and when you come to sell the car, your potential buyers will be extremely limited, forcing you to drop the price of your car conciderably to move it on! Not to mention the costs of fabricating such an exhaust and modifying the bumper for it! Then you have the complications of having an exhaust high up!

As you said about Ferarris, Lambos, Zondas, etc. Those cars have been designed like that, that's how you first see them, and how they all look. That is the accepted shape and style of the car. You either like it, or you don't. Cars like Supras, Skylines, Evo's etc all come out of the factory looking the same, and ALL aftermarket exhausts simply replace the standard system, so the exhaust is in the same place, but just looks better, sounds better, and improves performance. Custom exhausts are for show cars and chavs.

Kudos for thinking outside the box, but I think the general concensus is to stick with the standard placement of the exhaust, and decorate around it with a different rear bumper, a diffuser, or even look at different exhausts to see which one you like the look of the most.